• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Required to log-in in order to see forums

DinDC

Reaction score
Recently, the site is requiring me to log-in before I can look at any of the forums. What happened?

The site has been getting hammered over the past few days. To stave off the need for a server upgrade, we've removed the ability for non-registered users to view the forums. This keeps traffic away. We don't have ads to generate click or traffic revenue, so we only really care about people that are interested enough in Wake sports to register.

Did this somehow affect the TouchBB app? Ever since this change was made, whenever I try to access the forum via TouchBB, I'm getting the following message:

"Error. The server could not be reached. Please check your internet connection and try again."

Tapatalk works fine.

Did this somehow affect the TouchBB app? Ever since this change was made, whenever I try to access the forum via TouchBB, I'm getting the following message:

"Error. The server could not be reached. Please check your internet connection and try again."

Tapatalk works fine.

I'm not familiar with the TouchBB app. Does it require you to log-in? Or is there an option to log-in?

It shows me as already logged-in there, so it seems like that shouldn't be a problem.

It shows me as already logged-in there, so it seems like that shouldn't be a problem.

You can be logged in from multiple places at once. The app will need to log itself in to be able to view the site. It seems like it should have a enter login information screen.

do you know how to connect to the forum through touchbb? I deleted the app on my iphone, and now that I reinstalled it I can't seem to connect. I get an error that says "touchbb can't connect to this forum. The forum URL is case sensitive. Is the add-on script installed for this forum? See our support forums for more help". I appreciate any help in advance.

Honestly, we haven't officially supported touchbb since the upgrade. It's just a huge hassle to keep up with update schedules for multiple mobile apps when one is so clearly superior.

Why? It's a good program.

Is there a free version of Tapatalk? The only one I see costs $3, and that's $3 I'd really rather not spend.
Search for the APK and download it directly, it's "free" but it's the equivalent of downloading "free" music if you know what I mean.

"There are currently 1452 users online. 738 members and 714 guests" yet I still have to log in?

The guests number is a caching issue from people visiting pre-login. Those aren't people actually viewing the forum.

So..any plan to go back to the open format? Just curious. Is this permanent or temporary?

I am also not able to access using my phone now. Not able to purchase tapatalk because my iPhone needs to update to the latest system. Not able to update iPhone because computer is fried. Not able to purchase new computer because poor.

I realize a trip to the apple store is in order, but still curious if this will be permanent.

Yes we intend for the change to be permanent. You can't download tapatalk to an old version of iOS? Apple is weird.

You can still access and login through a phone browser.

Back