• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will Dems make Ryan into the Pelosi of 2012?

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
With his plan to end Medicare, can the Dems turn the table on Republicans by using Ryan in the same way the GOP used Pelosi as a boogeyman?

I think it would be very effextive in the seats that switched in 2010 BUT I don't think the Dems are competent enough to do it.

70% of the Americna public disagree with ending Medicare.

Don't throw me into that brier patch.

Have you seen the tapes of those freshmen Republicans who voted for Ryan's plan? Irt was a better mannered version of what happened to Dems with Obama's HC plan.

Bascially it was real people being very upset at the Congressperson's vote rather than paid hecklers like the Koch brothers did.

If they do it right, Ryan will be the bad guy. He can be made to be the guy who ended Medicare and is giving ther rich a 30% tax cut while charging middle class people more.

Except Ryan's a well spoken, smart, handsome politician and Pelosi is a wicked witch from liberal San Fransisco.

But she wasn't taking away Medicare or giving the rich huge tax breaks....he could be shown to be a bad Wall Streeter...

Did you see the townhall meeting he had? He has some work to do to say himself.

Did you read Ryan's proposal? If anything, Obama's proposal is more harmful to seniors than Ryan's. Not that it matters... he could be caught on camera saying that he kills babies for fun and he would still be more popular than Pelosi.

Did you read Ryan's proposal? If anything, Obama's proposal is more harmful to seniors than Ryan's. Not that it matters... he could be caught on camera saying that he kills babies for fun and he would still be more popular than Pelosi.

For those who pay attention, RJ throws out Dem talking points and spouts far left idiocy.....(it is just a matter of time until the thread starts, "does Ryan really want to beat seniors to death with the babies of the poor?)

I applaud him for trying to get convos going, but seriously. How about this....QE is going to kill this country. You can not continue to print money with nothing backing it.

It's mindnumbing that anyone could possibly think that ryan's plan makes any sense at in regard to Medicare.

Private healthcare companies typically have 7-9% higher overhead than Medicare. Very conservatively they spend 15-20% on martketing to get clients. Then they have to make a profit.

If you think there's 30% of waste in Medicare you live in a dream world and 30% is wishful thinking.

Add to this if you think the "average cost cvoucher" will cover tens of millions of seniors wsith pre-existing conditions that cost more every year than voucher, you are on drugs.

It's not about party. It's about common sense. No one with a shred of common sense can think Ryan's won't bankrupt tens of millions of senior citizens while being a donation to the private health insurance companies.

It is without question the most cynically dishonest plan any person in government has proposed in my lifetime other than W going to war in Iraq.

Remember your hate speech, every political adversary must be more stupid, evil, etc.. than ever seen before...

"It is without question the most cynically dishonest plan any person in government has proposed in my lifetime other than W going to war in Iraq."

Except Ryan's a well spoken, smart, handsome politician and Pelosi is a wicked witch from liberal San Fransisco.

I take issue with this. Paul Ryan and his ridiculous ears are not handsome.

I'd agree with you on the ears, but I'm not one who should be throwing such stones in my glass house shaped like giant ears.

Back