• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Haley Barbour decides not to run

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
This looks to be telling. Othere than Trump and possibly Romney, no one could raise more money to run for POTUS than Haley. He was the Chairman of the RNC and very successful at it.

If he's not willing to run, it looks like he doesn't think Obama will lose.

No one big was behind Haley, he was a loser anyways.

Pawlenty is the guy to nominate in 2012. He's safe, from a blue state, conservative, governor, decent debater.

He makes Gore look like Lady Gaga in personality.

If he's not willing to run, it looks like he doesn't think Obama will lose.

That's not really what it means. It probably means that Mitch Daniels is running.

All it means is that Barbour figured out there was no way he could win. And that's the first thing he's been right about in a while.

That's not really what it means. It probably means that Mitch Daniels is running.

NEW YORK (AP) — Gov. Mitch Daniels of Indiana has a book deal, but that doesn't mean he's running for president.

"There's nothing I can say except 'not so,'" Daniels told The Associated Press on Monday. "The idea of writing a book came together well before anybody suggested to me that I was a candidate for anything. I can't keep people from leaping to that conclusion, but they'd be wrong."

Read more on Newsmax.com: Indiana Gov. Daniels: I'm Not Running in 2012
Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election? Vote Here Now!

NEW YORK (AP) — Gov. Mitch Daniels of Indiana has a book deal, but that doesn't mean he's running for president.

"There's nothing I can say except 'not so,'" Daniels told The Associated Press on Monday. "The idea of writing a book came together well before anybody suggested to me that I was a candidate for anything. I can't keep people from leaping to that conclusion, but they'd be wrong."

Read more on Newsmax.com: Indiana Gov. Daniels: I'm Not Running in 2012
Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election? Vote Here Now!

He also said he was gonna announce his intentions after the Indiana General Assembly completes its session. And it ends Friday. The timing works out nicely. I read what you wrote above as him just saying that the book deal didn't come about because he wanted to run for president... not that he flat out wont run.

My phone has been ringing off the hook about Daniels since this afternoon. However, everyone says his wife does not like the idea, and are genuinely surprised by Haley's announcement.

All it means is that Barbour figured out there was no way he could win. And that's the first thing he's been right about in a while.

Yep. That, and he has been around in politics, and particularly southern politics, for a great many years. There is probably some dirt on him somewhere.

I can't believe that the Republicans aren't going to be able to come up with a decent candidate to run against an extremely vulnerable President. Romney has Romneycare hanging around his neck, Pawlenty is a snooze and Huckabee's Arkansas record is full of land mines.

Has Bobby Lutz withdrawn his name yet?

Yep. That, and he has been around in politics, and particularly southern politics, for a great many years. There is probably some dirt on him somewhere.

I mean, he was a lobbyist for tobacco and Mexico not all that long ago. He is a very capable executive and he has a good record as governor, but it was highly unlikely that he could get elected with all that. He seems like someone who is probably more useful in a major candidates corner than he is as an actual candidate himself.

Back