• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Syracuse football coach is quite a character

RollWave35

#KeepPounding
Reaction score
Scott Shafer was introduced today as the new head coach at Syracuse and he had some fantastic quotes from the presser.

For example...

"We're gonna go to the damn ACC and we're gonna storm that conference and do better than people think we are in Year One."
"We want to put the fear God in the opposing football player that has the football under his arm."
"At the end of the day, I want guys who want to play for us...All those [SU recruits] who are wavering, they just better make a decision to go to a place where they're not gonna play us."
"I envision a Dome that shakes and intimidates. And when we get the opposition in the Loud House, we lock the doors behind them and we don't let them out for 60 minutes or more, whatever it takes. They are locked in the Dome and we don't let them escape..."West Virginia came in here a year ago. They were talkin' junk. We locked 'em in the Dome and beat the hell out of them."
"I envision an Orange Crush defense that makes their opponent's families cringe when their child's team comes to play us."
"I envision an offense with a lot of juice. A lot of Orange juice...I want this team to be an offensive unit that when you come and watch them play you better not take a bathroom break. Cause there's gonna be a lot of juice on the field."

I'd imagine this kind of fire will work well on the recruiting trail.

Full presser below:

If I were a Syracuse fan I'd be forking over some dough to the football program before that presser ever ended

That guy won the press conference. He's also the type of guy that gives Wellman nightmares.

I envision an offense with a lot of juice. A lot of Orange juice...I want this team to be an offensive unit that when you come and watch them play you better not take a bathroom break. Cause there's gonna be a lot of juice on the field

lmfao

someone just link me to the part where he starts taking about his offense he's gonna implement.

That guy won the press conference. He's also the type of guy that gives Wellman nightmares.

You are just making shit up now...

Sig is correct...spot on w/ Ogeron reference. DC = we'll see.

Fans at Cuse are not happy that Marrone is gone... Doug grew tired of the Syracuse fanbase's 'radio persona'. As his short time at Syracuse grew to a close Marrone would coerce his assistants into doing the weekly radio show...each assistant would come back and say "never again!" :)

Back