• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

3 games in 9 days that created legend

I was at the MD game in GSO. Believe we had just returned from Christmas break and somehow we got seats close to the court. MD was loaded. Great game and a great way to start the new year.

I still remember Jeff Dobbs stomping on a stuffed turtle at midcourt.

Big 4 title game is what I was referring to. Tiny Mark Dale (as he was normally called), filled in admirably for the injured Skip.

I think I remember the Greensboro Coliseum rocking to the crowd singing Amen! Amen! Wasn't that song a Maryland tradition?

I think I remember the Greensboro Coliseum rocking to the crowd singing Amen! Amen! Wasn't that song a Maryland tradition?

As I recall, the UMD song tradition was "Nah Nah Hey Hey (Kiss Him Goodbye)" when the students determined that the Terps had won the game.

as a kid, I went to many GSO games. How come games were played there, and how many games were there each year?

Last edited:
Memorial Coliseum was too small for most ACC games. At least that was the explanation I heard in the 80s. Plus it was a dump.

To the OP, interesting info. Pre-dated my Wake years.

Back