• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bill Moto projections

Neurodeac

Reaction score
I've been impressed with Adala Moto's physical skills, the form on his jump shot, and his rapid progress. Although far from guaranteed, I think he has a chance to be a star if he continues to progress. I'm having trouble coming up with a player he resembles. Who should he model his game after?

Last edited:
I need to see a lot more of Moto. Right now, I'd go for a Keith Booth. Pretty much the same size. Moto is more athletic, but needs to work on the technical skills.

Unsure of moto game right now. I do have a comparison for rountree... A better version of levy (not to hijack the thread)

I need to see a lot more of Moto. Right now, I'd go for a Keith Booth. Pretty much the same size. Moto is more athletic, but needs to work on the technical skills.

Booth is a good thought but a little old school. Any more current comparisons?

Unsure of moto game right now. I do have a comparison for rountree... A better version of levy (not to hijack the thread)

AFA was a MUCH better version of Levy. I don't think Rountree is that type of player right now (better handles, backcourt savvy, not the same rebounding skill), but I'd like to see more of him to figure it out.

To continue with the old school Maryland vibe, he has a body like "The Wizard" Walt Williams, but lacks his shooting ability. Ideally Rountree would be a backup SG paired with a scoring combo guard and sharp shooting SF. At SG, his size and body type would be more of an asset instead of a liability going against bigger players. He could also matchup against PGs depending on the opponents.

I see some resemblance to Levy physically and in his energy but Levy was pretty much a rebounding, frontcourt machine, while Rountree is more of a backcourt, passing, disrupter on defense.

His ceiling is higher if we commit to developing him at SF. Unlike Travis he has all the physical gifts to play there.. Moto could develop the skills he needs. Looking at our roster it's tough to know if this possible because he is so body ready he can be an effective college 4 man.

This is beyond best case scenario (more like an ideal he should strive for): Kawhi Leonard. Bill isn't nearly as good but that is not much of an insult as the guy was almost a lotto pick. Similar body types, similar defensive/rebounding potential, Kawhi was extremely skilled though in college from the start.

Good call on Leonard.

I am pretty sure he has only played basketball for about 6 or7 years. Plop him in the ACC and he will develop into a stud.

I still haven't watched Moto enough, but he seems to have the traits that most high-ceiling players have: athleticism, a tight(ish) handle, and good hands (evidenced by his developing shot and around-the-basket touches). And, even better, his arms are long as shit. Obviously a wingspan like that can't be taught.

I used to think L.D. Williams's upside was ridiculously high when he was a frosh/soph, but his hands and touch never seemed to catch up to his incredible athleticism.

I still haven't watched Moto enough, but he seems to have the traits that most high-ceiling players have: athleticism, a tight(ish) handle, and good hands (evidenced by his developing shot and around-the-basket touches). And, even better, his arms are long as shit. Obviously a wingspan like that can't be taught.

I used to think L.D. Williams's upside was ridiculously high when he was a frosh/soph, but his hands and touch never seemed to catch up to his incredible athleticism.

very good post. I agree about L.D. I always thought he could be a Vince Carter type player if he could have developed a consistent shot and a better handle. His senior year he finally developed the ability to drive past the defender and pull up for the midrange jumper instead of going all the way to the hoop getting called for the charge. But he couldn't hit the shot. "Bill" could have a similar development arc but since he is relatively new to basketball and grew up out of the country, I'm hoping that he has untapped potential.

I think Moto is like a Mbah a Moute and Rountree is exactly like a Corey Brewer at UF

I still haven't watched Moto enough, but he seems to have the traits that most high-ceiling players have: athleticism, a tight(ish) handle, and good hands (evidenced by his developing shot and around-the-basket touches). And, even better, his arms are long as shit.

and a mean elbow.

Chris Carrawell could shoot threes and had very good handles. Plus he was only an OK defender.

I have to say it's pretty sad to have tags about me when I hadn't even posted on the thread. Some people need to be a little less obsessed.

Back