• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Culture Question

EagleDeac

Reaction score
Are two elbows to the head, one of which was completely intentional (prob both), and Devin Thomas' constant woofing/taunting part of the new culture? i'm not judging these things, just curious if this is acceptable/encouraged under Wellman and Buzz.

Sorry if already discussed - didn't get a chance to see the game until today.

I know why you're asking the question, but kindly shut-up. I've been waiting for some deacs who are nasty for 3 decades. Nothing to see here.

Are two elbows to the head, one of which was completely intentional (prob both), and Devin Thomas' constant woofing/taunting part of the new culture? i'm not judging these things, just curious if this is acceptable/encouraged under Wellman and Buzz.

Since Premier Wellman manufactured the whole "culture" problem, he can (of course) define the new culture to include taunting and elbowing. It's really too bad he didn't think of this "culture" stuff sooner. If he had come up with it a few years ago, we could have just made the "nut punch" part of our new "culture" and kept CP around for another year.

I'm a hater of all things Buzz and Wellman but this is a lame attempt on your part.

You ever play organized basketball? The shot from Rountree or was it Moto might have been intentional but you can tell he was staring towards the rim when it happened. It's not like he turned around and laid him out. He appeared to be working hard to position for the rebound. CJ's was clearly unintentional. The guy fouled him and he was protecting the ball. A call that the zebras apparently have to make these days but really lame.

Quit making excuses for him.. The kid is a walking technical waiting to happen, and the refs are going to remember. He's watched too many NBA highlight reels, and he thinks he's gotta be an asshole. (And yes, he's woofing/taunting, too.)

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the culture change was to make sure that players couldn't sexually assault a female member of the band in their hotel room during the NCAA tournament and then have the coach try to cover it up...but that's just me.

Or steal another student's iPad and then try to pawn it right across the street from the Joel.

I'm pretty sure the culture change was to make sure that players couldn't sexually assault a female member of the band in their hotel room during the NCAA tournament and then have the coach try to cover it up...but that's just me.

You have your history wrong. Doing that gets you an extension from Premier Wellman.

Convincing a chick to give you head when she really doesn't want to but gives in any way is not sexual assault.

Feistiness is good. Rip on the coaches all you want. Don't rip on the student athletes. It only makes you look like a massive fucking douchebag.

So is your claim that Wellman wasn't aware of this?

Anybody who thinks Moto's elbow wasn't clearly intentional is just a homer. I think some have misguided opinions about what toughness is. Rj, I think it's a perfectly reasonable question to ask based on the bogus culture B S put forth by Wellman and others. You disagree, so be it.

When I read this stuff I remember Rodney flatting Laettner at Cameron on a simple pivot. No foul. Laettner on the deck. It was a beautiful moment.

Anybody who thinks Moto's elbow wasn't clearly intentional is just a homer. I think some have misguided opinions about what toughness is. Rj, I think it's a perfectly reasonable question to ask based on the bogus culture B S put forth by Wellman and others. You disagree, so be it.

But you are labeling a player. That's not right.

None of this would bother me at all, if I didn't have to hear some stupid culture reference from RW and Bz every time they open their mouths.

This has got to be one of the weaker posts of recent times. No, the elbows weren't completely intentional, and even that great benefactor of Wake basketball Jamie Luckie didn't think they were deliberate after viewing them several times on the video. You don't seem to have played much basketball, have you? Maybe you should stick to the Iggles. They need your expert analysis even more than Buzz and Wellman.

Well then I guess the referees were homers then. Because by definition if they thought it was intentional he would have been tossed. Both elbow incidents were ruled as unintentional. Funny that you know more than the referees who watched the replay for 5 minutes.

Last edited:
Back