• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WITH 15 GAMES LEFT, HOW MANY WILL WAKE WIN THIS YEAR?

memphisslim

Reaction score
If we win 6 more against ACC opponents, we would be 8-8 in the ACC? Is it possible? We have to win one or two of the next 3 road games, figure State is a shellacking, then Duke is another bombing if Curry is back, Maryland, UNC and Fl State are probably all whippings.Which brings us back to BC which wants revenge, then GT at home and Miami at home. Then we get Fl State, Md. and State again. Finish with VT. Play VT twice. The only way to get 5 more I see is to beat VT and GT twice, and BC one more time; we got Clemson Tuesday we have to beat them. They whipped Virginia by a lot more than we did or we have to upset some people.

6 wins more gets us to 15 -15 and a chance for a winning season which I would like for CJ in his senior year and Travis, who has never known one.

There are 18 conference games this year, so 9-9 would be .500. I said 5-6 at the beginning of the year. Then I've been saying 6-7 over the last week or so. But after the MD/Miami debacle last night, I'm starting to think there are only 2 remotely good teams in the conference, which should help inflate our win total. After State and Dick, I'm now thinking the entire rest of the ACC will have 6-9 wins.

There are 18 conference games this year, so 9-9 would be .500. I said 5-6 at the beginning of the year. Then I've been saying 6-7 over the last week or so. But after the MD/Miami debacle last night, I'm starting to think there are only 2 remotely good teams in the conference, which should help inflate our win total. After State and Dick, I'm now thinking the entire rest of the ACC will have 6-9 wins.

I stand corrected; there are 18 conference games. We played 3, are 2-1 and got 15 games left. We would have to win 6 more conference games to go .500 going into the tournament and then be 9-9. For a team that's only won 5 in two years, it sounds improbable.

I think I said 14 or 15 wins at the beginning of the year and I think it's probably going to be 13 or 14 at this point. So I think we win 4 or 5 more.

So are we going to have this thread after every single game?

Zero road wins, a handful of home wins - we're looking at 4-14 at best, with the only remaining winnable games being FSU, GT, and VT at home.

I had said I thought we should win 17 games in the regular season this year. I was counting on 2 wins in the VI and Nebraska, so unless we make up a couple that's 15-15, 8-10 in the ACC.

Need to at least split the @Clemson/@VT games this week.

The biggest concern is the stretch after these two.

NCSU
@GT
dook
@MD
@UNC
FSU

That's a rough stretch since our most winnable games are on the road. We could go 0-6, which might make it hard as we go into a much easier series of games to finish the season.

The problem is over the next eight games we will have to win on the road to go 2-6.

VT won @GT, it's not like we can't get it done. Although our track record @GT isn't exactly sparkling!

I have always been more of an optimist...but I believe Wake finishes the season 17-13 overall and 10-8 in the ACC. We win one ACC Tournament game and go to the NIT.
Wins:
@Clemson
@Va Tech
@Ga Tech
FSU
@Boston College
Ga Tech
Maryland
Va Tech

I'm going with 4 more for a final regular season record of 13-17 (6-12 ACC).

Also calling a Thursday ACCT win (I'm guessing we'll be underdogs in the #10 vs #7 game) followed by a Friday clock-cleaning courtesy of #2 NCSU.

Along with my 6-12 prediction, I'll add: (not that I agree with it, but) I think that's somehow going to be enough for RW to keep Bz around.

So, given that, the Bz vs Gaudio comparison at the end of the year would look something like this:

[Redacted]
Overall: 35-60 (.368)
Gaudio
Overall: 61-31 (.663)

[Redacted] ACC: 11-39 (.220)
Gaudio
ACC: 27-21 (.563)

"The decision was based on the overall performance the past three years," Wellman said. (April 8th, 2010)

Last edited:
I have always been more of an optimist...but I believe Wake finishes the season 17-13 overall and 10-8 in the ACC. We win one ACC Tournament game and go to the NIT.
Wins:
@Clemson
@Va Tech
@Ga Tech
FSU
@Boston College
Ga Tech
Maryland
Va Tech

I mean, it's definitely possible, and certainly our most likely path to 10 ACC wins, but, uh, I don't see how we beat Maryland. Alex Len is going to do filthy, unspeakable things to us.

I mean, it's definitely possible, and certainly our most likely path to 10 ACC wins, but, uh, I don't see how we beat Maryland. Alex Len is going to do filthy, unspeakable things to us.

I had that game originally as a toss up, but after seeing that their offense is human after they played Florida St. and Miami I figured that we could pull this one out at home. Especially since it is later in the season which will give our young guys more time to gel.

Back