• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jeff [Redacted] Appreciation Thread

Hang in there coach; no one liked me either.

I think you are doing great!

Kevin O'Neil just got fired. We should hire him just for the irony.

I appreciate [Redacted], like I appreciate prostatitis. If you've ever had it, you know how much I appreciate it.

Kevin O'Neil just got fired. We should hire him just for the irony.

Wow! USC AD: "it became evident this season that the program needed new leadership and that it was best to make the change now to ''re-energize'' the team."

O'Neill - 48-65 @ USC
Bz- 30-48

Last edited:
USC had shown signs of life in Pac-12 play and was coming off its best performance of the year, a 76-59 road win at Utah on Saturday. Ironically, it's possible that performance may have hastened O'Neill's exit. One reason for a coach to be fired at midseason is if administrators have decided he's not the longterm solution for the program but they fear a second-half turnaround could make it harder to justify firing him at season's end.

USC had shown signs of life in Pac-12 play and was coming off its best performance of the year, a 76-59 road win at Utah on Saturday. Ironically, it's possible that performance may have hastened O'Neill's exit. One reason for a coach to be fired at midseason is if administrators have decided he's not the longterm solution for the program but they fear a second-half turnaround could make it harder to justify firing him at season's end.

You can file that under "Things Ron Wellman will never, ever say."

Nothing to do with a turn around. The team has some character issues stemming largely from his recent transfer players.

Just time for a culture change. Current team's socks suck!

I'm so jealous.

The word from campus is that the present team are better representatives of the true student athlete that Hatch and Wellman want. The administration wants good representatives of the university when in the public eye. Winning now comes second. Notre Dame and Stanford have decent but not great basketball teams that project that type of image. Money coming from TV and ACC is adequate. Building a good competitive ACC with this type of player will come in time.

The word from campus is that the present team are better representatives of the true student athlete that Hatch and Wellman want. The administration wants good representatives of the university when in the public eye. Winning now comes second. Notre Dame and Stanford have decent but not great basketball teams that project that type of image. Money coming from TV and ACC is adequate. Building a good competitive ACC with this type of player will come in time.

womp womp

also, Notre Dame's basketball program has been good for the last couple of years, much better than "decent".

I know just the coach for them...and it's right about time for him to bail on his current program!

If Buzz were to take on the challenge of changing the "culture" at USC, he would have yet another opportunity to run off Ari and JTT. You don't see that happen very often.

If Buzz were to take on the challenge of changing the "culture" at USC, he would have yet another opportunity to run off Ari and JTT. You don't see that happen very often.

Could you possibly imagine if that were to happen. The Ari tweets would be epoch.

Back