• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ari Stewart and J.T. Terrell finally get a coach fired

qcdeac

Le tits now
Reaction score
Kevin O'Neill out at USC. Hoping for a quick fix, O'Neill signed a slew of transfers such as J.T. Terrell and Ari Stewart (both from Wake Forest), Omar Oraby (Rice) and Eric Wise (UC Irvine). With all of them playing together for the first time this season, chemistry and cohesion was clearly an issue.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mens...y/_/id/8843050/kevin-oneill-usc-trojans-coach

Ari has only played in 9 games and is averaging 2.9 points on 33% shooting. He has not attempted a FT in his 81 minutes of playing time this year. He also has a 1:4.5 assist to turnover ratio.

J.T. is 2nd on the team in scoring at 9.3 ppg, as the team only averages 64 points per game. He is shooting 31% from the field. His assist to turnover ratio is much better than Ari's at 1:2.9 (at Wake it was 1:1.4).

Like Ari, his points, minutes, fg %, ft %, assists, and rebounds are down from Wake.

Ari Stewart is still an atrocious ball handler I see. He is a liability in every sense of the word.

Now is probably a good time for some old Ari tweets (thanks search engine):

@_ace20
Ari Stewart
I love how everybody on my team get along.. Speaks volume.

AriStewart20 Ari Stewart
Wake Forest's lost... USC's gain!

Ari Stewart @_Ace20
Whitney Houston pasted. RIP.

It really is amazing how highly Ari was rated coming out of High School. You would have to think that he sucked back then too.

Is the scout board down today, seems like we're getting a lot of 'visitors' recently.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

It really is amazing how highly Ari was rated coming out of High School. You would have to think that he sucked back then too.

Long, athletic 6'7 slasher and perimeter shooter. His recruiting ranking makes perfect sense. He had a good freshman season, for sure.

That being said, analysts basically called his downward spiral, saying that if he didn't develop skills then this would happen.

Is the scout board down today, seems like we're getting a lot of 'visitors' recently.

I noticed a similar trend on the Buzzout/Buzzin vote thread. Lots of new names voting for Buzzin. AD's office is working overtime on the back of a few home wins over crap teams!

Ari showed promise when he was here, pretty sad he sucks.

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. -- Three trips downcourt, three 3-pointers for Ari Stewart. Then fellow freshman C.J. Harris took his turn swishing a couple of open looks from long range.Nobody told Wake Forest's youngsters they weren't supposed to shoot this way in the Smith Center.

Harris scored a season-high 20 points, Stewart hit three consecutive 3s and the Demon Deacons beat North Carolina (No. 23 ESPN/USA Today, No. 24 AP) 82-69 on Wednesday night, sending the Tar Heels to their first three-game losing streak under coach Roy Williams.

JTT finally broke into the 30% field goal percentage crowd? Congrats. One assist in his last 8 games? Solid.

JTT finally broke into the 30% field goal percentage crowd? Congrats. One assist in his last 8 games? Solid.

JTT would have more assists, but his passes keep getting intercepted, leading to a high assist-to-turnover ratio. Thus, he has chosen to stop passing and start shooting.

I noticed a similar trend on the Buzzout/Buzzin vote thread. Lots of new names voting for Buzzin. AD's office is working overtime on the back of a few home wins over crap teams!

Or it could be that they were lurkers and now that they are forced to join in order to read the boards, they might as well post. But conspiracy theories are always more fun.

So Bzdoofus is now the undisputed worst coach in a Big Six conference, no? IIRC, O'Neill was his main (read: only) competitor.

Back