• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

McKie: "I'm not point-shaving"

ConnorEl

Reaction score
Hilarious.

Sorry if posted somewhere already. Just thought this article from DC on the BC game contained a few interesting and semi-humorous quotes. Even one from Bzz. Just try to enjoy it...

Quote:
---------
The Deacons appeared to have the game in hand when Thomas deflected a 60-foot pass to McKie, but McKie made the proceedings ever more interesting by walking off with the ball in his hands, even though 1.5 seconds remained on the clock.

“People already call me Chris Webber,’’ McKie said in reference to the Michigan star whose walking violation in the final seconds sealed a loss to North Carolina in the 1993 NCAA championship game. “In my mind, I thought the clock was over. Obviously not.

“It was two mental errors on my part. The offensive foul was on me, and that. So mental errors from the captain shouldn’t happen. That’s my story. I’m not point-shaving.’’
---------

Yikes, you don't even want to bring that up in college athletics.

Anyone know if the rumors were true a few years back?

Point shaving my ass. That was a brain fart plain and simple. Bring on the investigators.

Someone's point shaving. Bzzzz is the best coach in the NCAAs, so if we're losing, it can't be THE BUZZSAW'S fault.

Never heard about these rumors either.....details?

Don't you remember when all the guys shaved points against Cleveland State but forgot to coordinate before the game and overdid it a little? Good times...

Last edited:
Don't you remember when all the guys shaved points against Cleveland State but forgot to tell each other before the game? Good times...

Another bunch of unfounded bs rumors, whose only purpose is to further this whole culture nonsense Wellman put into place, along with firing a consecutive NCAAT coach to be replaced with a proven loser with former ties to the AD.

“I’m very excited,’’ McKie said. “We’re 2-1 right now. I’ve never been 2-1."

Wow. McKie (and CJ too) should have their jerseys hung from the rafters of the Joel simply for sticking with us like they have.

Another bunch of unfounded bs rumors, whose only purpose is to further this whole culture nonsense Wellman put into place, along with firing a consecutive NCAAT coach to be replaced with a proven loser with former ties to the AD.

It was a joke. :rulz:

I really love Travis and CJ. They're two of my favorite Deacons of all time. They've also both been absolutely balling since the beginning of December on offense. I think Travis has scored double digits in every game and CJ has obviously been playing really well.

Didn't Webber call a time-out when Michigan didn't have any, rather than travel?

Kindof sad because Saturday was the first time all year that McKie showed up and played the entire game.

Didn't Webber call a time-out when Michigan didn't have any, rather than travel?

He traveled first, but it wasn't called.

Got fans ran out onto Franklin Street after the game that night signalling for a timeout.

Really wish someone had a freeze-frame of the Travis-Face when he realized what he'd done on that last play.

Back