• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Kicker Hunter Haire Helps Save Man from Drowning

AnonymousDeac

Reaction score
"There was no time to think," said Haire, a freshman kicker on Wake Forest's football team. "I was the first one in the water. When I got to the car, the driver was still sitting there with his hands on the steering wheel. I got him to roll down the passenger window a little, then I was able to reach in and crank it all the way down."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...tes-saving-drowned-man-20130114,0,42980.story

Way to go Hunter and friends..............Saving a life. Proud of you guys.

Florida drivers should always keep a hammer or something to break the window close by in case the window won't open if the go in the water. And there is a lot of roadside water in Florida.

Also, The first thing to do if you wind up in the water is to unbuckle your seatbelt.

Saw the WF News Service tweet this out with the hashtag #ProHumanitate. Had a chuckle about that.

Inspiring and sobering story. A lot to ponder there. Thank you, Hunter and friends, for your unselfish actions.

Great story about one of our student athletes. I think the most surprising aspect was the age of the driver. I figured this would clearly be a senior given that it's Florida and someone drove into a lake. Jack Klompus anyone?

Great story? Absolutely.

Time for Wake to go overboard and beat it into the ground a la the baseball team kidney transplant? Absolutely.

Great news, and I'm glad for Hunter. Saving someone's life is a great feeling he'll have with him the rest of his life.

Great story? Absolutely.

Time for Wake to go overboard and beat it into the ground a la the baseball team kidney transplant? Absolutely.

Not sure if you intended this as a pun.......re a car going into a lake
Wet Humor

Back