• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football: "The Wake Way" (UPDATED! New video on Page 2! THE SPREAD!)

RollWave35

#KeepPounding
Reaction score
Wake Forest Football: "The Wake Way" (UPDATED! New video on Page 2! THE SPREAD!)

Just sent out on the social networks by the university.

Fun fact you might not know...we run an "intellectual" style offense and defense. Yep.

Jesus Christ. How do they have a clip of a coach who just left the program in this video? Small time. How much effort would it take to just edit it out?

Some other notes:

Funny how "good kid with good character" is a dude with long hippie hair given Grobe's objection to long hair early on.

Knorr - Bottom line business, expect results (got to admit, I laughed the most at this one)
Himey - Youth excuse
Lobo - Intellectual offense and defense for smart players
McCartney - Great work habits; the right way.
Elrod - Game day environment in practice
Galloway - Practice hard (are you serious? They didn't cut this out?)
Duffie - Depend on somebody else.
Jackson - Fundamentals
Mitchell - Do your job; everybody does their job

Where are the interviews with the players?

"Winning the turnover battle" was two completely unforced errors by UVa.

This is Wellman tiring of us harping on culture change in the basketball program and throwing this shit together to broaden the criticism.

I like this video much, much better.....

"When you're not working to improve, your opponent is (unless it's after Thanksgiving)"

Hell, Vandy turns out better videos on a PER GAME basis than our AD can turn out in the off season:
That was actually what I was thinking as I was watching ours. I remembered the James Franklin videos that were full of energy and excitement, and then ours seemed completely soulless.

I don't get how this staff completely ignores the horrible finish to the season. 3 games to be bowl eligible, and get blown out in 3 games..... all signs point to trending downwards....."The Wake Way"?

All of this talk lately about the Wake AD and football program not really knowing how to be "big time" seems to apply all over the place. From assistant coaches forced to wear WVU gear inside-out at our football camp to videos that look like they were produced by a high school A/V class, we just come across like bumbling idiots as a program. Fans stepped up their giving and support, but it's looking more and more like the ONLY thing our AD has been successful at lately is building facilities. Don't get me wrong, that's important, but it's only part of the job. Wellman has a lot of failures to answer for regarding coaching decisions, PR, results on the field, treatment of the fanbase, etc.

Back