• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If I were drowning, would you save me?

man OVERBOARD!!!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jeff Bzdelik

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
drowning.jpg

Even though watching the team the past 2.5 years has been killing me, I wouldn't resort to manslaughter...yet.

Like was posted above, I would make him agree to resign immediately before saving him.

Not certain what state you live in, but there is is not generally any duty to rescue him...

Not certain what state you live in, but there is is not generally any duty to rescue him...

Not true. If he is drowning and I am close enough that I could conceivably rescue him, then I am almost certainly the person that encased his feet in cement and dumped him in the lake* so affirmative duty to rescue does exist.

*Also possible that DV7 did it and invited me to watch/film it.

This would be a really good topic for students at Wake to debate in an ethics class...

It would be a whole lot more relevant than debating whether it's stealing to take the change that someone else left in the drink machine.

Yes, but in your enternal gratitude, you would walk away from Wake sports forever.

I'd take the opportunity to 'encourage' him to give his salary from the past two years back to the University (the athletic department, specifically).

That amount is give/take ~$2MM; I'd want 1 mil earmarked for the new (non-unilateral) coaching search and 1 mil given in my pops' name so he could be treated like royalty when he returns to the Joel after Bz leaves.

I wouldn't piss down your throat if your heart was on fire.

I'd take the opportunity to 'encourage' him to give his salary from the past two years back to the University (the athletic department, specifically).

That amount is give/take ~$2MM; I'd want 1 mil earmarked for the new (non-unilateral) coaching search and 1 mil given in my pops' name so he could be treated like royalty when he returns to the Joel after Bz leaves.

Thats one lengthy negotiation to be had as the guy is drowning. However, I can't say the thought wouldn't cross my mind either.

Back