• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Three assists?!

simosfrostyone

Reaction score
Sure they blocked 1 out of every 6 shots we took and yes Cav decided to keep shooting and CJ didn't (for some reason) but damn Jeff--this is one even you will have trouble topping. Must be a record for futility.

I think last night came down to the freshmen laying an egg on the road. The freshmen were 8-39 shooting, 9 TO's, and 22 points.

Take out Devin's numbers and they were an astounding 3-31 shooting, 6 TO's and 11 points. If they go 9-31, that would have been a close game. Have any of the freshmen ever heard of a pump fake? Travis and CJ were the only guys I saw all night pump fake and get the defenders in the air. It was unreal. We made it awfully easy for them to get their blocks.

Then our designated 3 pt shooter shot his second airball in as many games (I believe he has more airballs than 3's in his last several games), and again added next to nothing anywhere else. 'Tree has got to get his minutes. i'd much rather take the good and the bad with 'Tree. I just think Chase's shot is too easy to bother for the athletic guards at this level. He was lights out against the Radfords etc., but he is struggling mightily against better competitiion.

The freshmen need to put this behind them and get ready for a very beatable VT team.

Back