• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Where does last night rank on the list of Bz failures/embarrassments?

Deacon2002

Reaction score
Lowest/worst shooting percentage by an ACC team since 1964. Jeff [Redacted] is really rewriting the record books. Where does last night rank on the list of Bz failures/embarrassments?

Probably sneaks into the top 10.

Stetson
Presbyterian
Arizona State
Winthrop
UNCW
Georgia Tech (74-39)
N.C. State (76-40)
UVA (68-44)
Nebraska
Clemson (60-44)

Those are in no particular order.

Honestly, pathetically and sadly enough, I'm not even sure it was top 5, maybe top 10 though.

Nowhere close to Stetson/NCSU/Clemson. It might crack the Top 10.

Stetson
Presbyterian
Arizona State
Winthrop
UNCW
Georgia Tech (74-39)
N.C. State (76-40)
UVA (68-44)
Nebraska
Clemson (60-44)

How could you leave out Iona from this year, we were down 41-5 at one point?

Whoops meant to add Iona.

Yeah that one might take the cake.

You can also argue 2011 where we beat UNCG, who was winless when we played them, by two.

Stetson
Presbyterian
Arizona State
Winthrop
UNCW
Georgia Tech (74-39)
N.C. State (76-40)
UVA (68-44)
Nebraska
Clemson (60-44)

20pt loss to Clemson at home last year was worse than yesterday IMO. Oof I forgot about that GT game.

Stetson
Presbyterian
Arizona State
Winthrop
UNCW
Georgia Tech (74-39)
N.C. State (76-40)
UVA (68-44)
Nebraska
Clemson (60-44)

I would submit the 36 point away and 26 point home losses to Georgia Tech in 2011 as a pair and give them first place. You would think we would have wanted to avenge the first beat down, instead we gave up 80 points (the 2nd most they scored in regulation that season, behind vs Mercer at 87).

Whoops meant to add Iona.

Yeah that one might take the cake.

You can also argue 2011 where we beat UNCG, who was winless when we played them, by two.

That's alright, the Iona game was hidden fortunately for us since it was in the loser's bracket of some 2nd rate holiday tournament and the only way you could watch was through the tournament's website. At least we finally got to replace the term Butlerized with Ionannihilated

It was also 72-37 at one point, we went on a vigorous 32-31 run after falling slightly behind 41-5. Without that 41-5 run we were right there.

Skip Era we debate best wins. Buzz Era we debate worst losses.

It was also 72-37 at one point, we went on a vigorous 32-31 run after falling slightly behind 41-5. Without that 41-5 run we were right there.

Yeah the slow start really killed us in the that one, just a few more early baskets and a few stops and it could've been a different story....:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I think not being able to score 5 on 4 gives this loss a worse feel.

Stetson
Presbyterian
Arizona State
Winthrop
UNCW
Georgia Tech (74-39)
N.C. State (76-40)
UVA (68-44)
Nebraska
Clemson (60-44)

Pretty good list but how you gonna leave off the Iona debacle? It's not everyday you see a team down 41-5 (I think I'm remembering that correctly). Nevermind, I see where you say you meant to add them.

Last edited:
So many bad losses that its easy to forget a few among the many in the era of unwiped ass, that is also known as [Redacted].

I would have sworn the Butler game would have been worse in terms of FG %, and figured that game must have been a record. SO I went back and checked. In fact, though we started with a Bzz-era-esque 3-for-25, we ended up shooting 39 percent (23-of-59) for the game. Congrats BZZ on a new ACC-era team record for futility!

Stetson was awful but it was in the beginning...there are reasons weird things happen at the beginning of any coach's tenure.

Iona on the other hand....

Back