• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bball Recruiting Update

DeaconKing

Reaction score
This is my first basketball recruiting update for the Old Gold and Black Boards. I'll try and do this every week no matter how much or how little information is available to post.

- Lekan Ajayi, the 6'9, 245-lbs Center from Winston is not interested in Wake but our coaches aren't taking no for an answer. Some may expect his recruitment to open up with Bruce Pearl getting fired at Tennessee but I expaect him to land at Seton Hall or Loyola Maramount, in that order.

- Eric Katenda, the 6'9, 200-lbs Forward-Center from Connecticut is leaning toward Notre Dame. Were second, with Iowa, with Georgia Tech dropping out with no more Hewitt. Our coaches are doing a good job with him but he's very interested in the Irish because of their success this year and I fear that may be the deciding decision for him.

- Some other names to keep an eye out for in 2011 are Hunter Mickelson and Andrew White who can class in 2011 or 2012. The staff is looking in Europe as well - they realy want a 2011 big.

- 2012 names to keep in mind - Andre Washington, a 6'10, 200-lbs Forward-Center from Roanoke. He's a possible four-star recruit and could be the "big" get for Coach [Redacted]'s staff. They're doing well so far with Washington. Another player in this class being recruited is Zach Auguste, a Forward that Coach [Redacted] was checking out after the BC game missing the Press Conference for it.

Last edited:
Yes, that's the Andre Washington.

King, what's the inside scoop on Lekan? Why did he cool on us immediately after Fields committed? Are handlers involved?

This is something that has been hinted at over at DS, but insiders won't tell the story "out of respect" for the coaching staff or something like that. All they've said is that it isn't the staff's fault. So what's the story?

Also, don't forget Onyekaba in the 2012 class.

Yes, that's the Andre Washington.

King, what's the inside scoop on Lekan? Why did he cool on us immediately after Fields committed? Are handlers involved?

This is something that has been hinted at over at DS, but insiders won't tell the story "out of respect" for the coaching staff or something like that. All they've said is that it isn't the staff's fault. So what's the story?

Also, don't forget Onyekaba in the 2012 class.

Facepalm

I don't know the full story about Lekan TexasDeac10, I am sorry. I will try to find out but as the DS people are showing, people are being very tight lipped about what went wrong

Thanks DeaconKing. Any thoughts or feelings on our chances with Jankovic?

Lekan seems taller than 6'9.

Maybe Buzz should send someonev to courts in Turkey...they seem to have lots of very tall players.

This is my first basketball recruiting update for the Old Gold and Black Boards. I'll try and do this every week no matter how much or how little information is available to post.

- Lekan Ajayi, the 6'9, 245-lbs Center from Winston is not interested in Wake but our coaches aren't taking no for an answer. Some may expect his recruitment to open up with Bruce Pearl getting fired at Tennessee but I expaect him to land at Seton Hall or Loyola Maramount, in that order.

- Eric Katenda, the 6'9, 200-lbs Forward-Center from Connecticut is leaning toward Notre Dame. Were second, with Iowa, with Georgia Tech dropping out with no more Hewitt. Our coaches are doing a good job with him but he's very interested in the Irish because of their success this year and I fear that may be the deciding decision for him.

- Some other names to keep an eye out for in 2011 are Hunter Mickelson and Andrew White who can class in 2011 or 2012. The staff is looking in Europe as well - they realy want a 2011 big.

- 2012 names to keep in mind - Andre Washington, a 6'10, 200-lbs Forward-Center from Roanoke. He's a possible four-star recruit and could be the "big" get for Coach [Redacted]'s staff. They're doing well so far with Washington. Another player in this class being recruited is Zach Auguste, a Forward that Coach [Redacted] was checking out after the BC game missing the Press Conference for it.

You are hurting my recruiting efforts!!

We really need someone with some bulk. We've had a lot of tall players who just aren't physical.

Thanks for the updates, DK.

I really don't get how somebody is 6'10" and only 200 lbs. Even when I was skinny I was 6'3" and 185 pounds. That never makes sense to me.

How many more players is [Redacted] looking to get committed for 2012-2013?

It depends if there are any transfers. If not we only have two more scholarships for 11 and 12.

2 assumes Ari does transfer, which is a reasonable assumption.

I asked because it could give us some indication of other roster changes he might make.

Thanks DeaconKing. Any thoughts or feelings on our chances with Jankovic?

Its looking real good now, but the concern with him is him getting "to good." hes made it clear in public and private he wants to go to the most famous program that will have him.

That said, hes another one that could prove Coach [Redacted]'s "big" recruit.

Reports about Jankovic concern me. Really worried about his toughness.

Back