• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Country Dan's Version of the Debacle @ Clemson

Mr. Collins provides an apt description of last PM's game...

For RW and his minions: Re; your hiring of Buzz..."The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten"

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wf...cle_4406ba68-6017-11e2-a287-001a4bcf6878.html

He needs to get off the fence. He sold out completely after Seton Hall, then bought back in after X, UVA and BC, now he's back on the fence leaning out. Man up Dan!

On lack of assists, can't get them if we don't make the shot. Plenty of good passes, but .246 doesn't lead to many assists (we only made 15 shots). Booker is a handful down low. We have no center and our two best rebounders were in foul trouble early (suspect calls IMO). 8.5 point dog on the road, given the foul trouble and poor shooting, actually surprising we were within about 1 standard deviation when the whistle blew. Tough loss, but an expected one. Let's beat Va Tech!

What was the standard deviation last night?

I think I got a D in sadistics, but I'd say two 3 balls on any given night (which Cav will hit next time).

Why do you expect Cav to hit shots? He's shooting 29% FG and 19% 3FG on the season, and his average appears to be going down now that we're playing real teams as opposed to the cupcakes we "feasted" on to start the season.

Our three freshmen starters average 5 points per game so far in ACC play. Not good.

Our three freshmen starters average 5 points per game so far in ACC play. Not good.

Wow. CJ graduates and Travis could be up in the air. You've gotta figure 2-3 of the freshmen leave. Next year could be a repeat of Bz's first season.

Yep, we're gonna have really big trouble replacing CJ's scoring next year. We may be worse next year than we are this year actually.

Why do you expect Cav to hit shots? He's shooting 29% FG and 19% 3FG on the season, and his average appears to be going down now that we're playing real teams as opposed to the cupcakes we "feasted" on to start the season.

I guess I'm an optimist, like ND and Syracuse.

Yep, we're gonna have really big trouble replacing CJ's scoring next year. We may be worse next year than we are this year actually.

We will definitely miss CJ's scoring, but CMM will have a year under his belt and pick up a lot of the slack. So if CMM steps up, think of it more like replacing CMM's scoring and hopefully Cav, Devin and rest can do that.

We will definitely miss CJ's scoring, but CMM will have a year under his belt and pick up a lot of the slack. So if CMM steps up, think of it more like replacing CMM's scoring and hopefully Cav, Devin and rest can do that.

You're expecting CMM as a soph to replace CJ as a senior. You ARE an optimist.

Who is going to replace CMM?

CMM is averaging less than 8 ppg. No doubt that number will go up next year, it won't go up enough to replace CJ's scoring. Even if all the freshman come back next year, how much can you really expect them to improve? Not much reason to be optimistic about next year.

Just as they used to say when LD told Coach he was open..."there is a reason for that."

Dan's creative writing style amazes me in how he can aptly describe the basketball game while leaving out a glaring factor.

Bz is the problem.

Travis isn't going anywhere. We may lose a freshman or two, but I wouldn't be surprised if we kept them all. We could keep everyone and still be this bad next year, that's what scares me.

First, does Dan just scan the thread titles here and write his story?

Second, he talked to Cav and that's all he got? Unlike some here, I don't want him run out of town or benched, but maybe Dan should ask him if his confidence was shaken or something to that effect.

Back