• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MLS 2013

HuskyDeac

Reaction score
Time to start a new thread. Draft takes place tomorrow at 12:00pm.

Revs traded up with Toronto today to get the #1 pick in exchange for #4 and undetermined allocation money. Seems pretty certain they'll take Farrell with the first pick, Chivas has stated they're taking Carlos Alvarez. I wouldn't be shocked if Toronto traded once more tomorrow with either 3 or 4.

1. NE - Andrew Farrell (Louisville)
2. Chivas USA - Carlos Alvarez (UConn)
3. Toronto - Kyle Bekker (Boston College)
4. Vancouver(via Toronto) - Kakuta Manneh (Gambia)
5. Vancouver - Erik Hurtado (Santa Clara)
6. Colorado - Deshorn Brown (UCF)
7. Dallas - Walker Zimmerman (Furman)
8. Montreal - Blake Smith (New Mexico)
9. Columbus - Ryan Finley (Notre Dame)
10. Seattle(via Toronto/Vancouver) - Eriq Zavaleta (Indiana)
11. Colorado - Dillon Powers (Notre Dame)
12. Real Salt Lake - John Stertzer (Maryland)
13. Houston - Jason Johnson (VCU)
14. SKC - Mikey Lopez (UNC)
15. San Jose - Tommy Muller (Georgetown)
16. Toronto (via Seattle) - Emery Welshman (Oregon St)
17. DC United - Taylor Kemp (Maryland)
18. Montreal - Fernando Monge (UCLA)
19. LA - Charlie Rugg (Boston College)

Last edited:
Should be interesting to see if Ryan Nelsen stays with QPR through the end of the year. It would be the most Toronto FC thing ever to have their manager actually be playing for a different team.

MLS should eliminate all pretense by using a red rubber kickball.

Pumped about the draft today. Can't wait to see the chatter about the Chivas Alvarez pick.

I would love it so much if New England takes Alvarez. I mean, I know Chivas would just take Mikey Lopez instead, but it would still be funny even though it won't happen.

Also, Sporting is apparently revealing a shirt sponsor today. Supposed to be Ivy Funds, and rumored to be $2.5M per year for 5 years.

Are any GKs going to get drafted? I can't tell if it's a weak class for them or just everyone thinks they are set with what they currently have.

Garber, shut it. There are no non MLS fans watching this. We know, soccer is awesome and growing. You get a pay check for that, now get on with the draft.

Are any GKs going to get drafted? I can't tell if it's a weak class for them or just everyone thinks they are set with what they currently have.

I don't think so. UConn's keeper would have been a top 5 pick I think, but it's a crap shoot generally. Guzan is the only one I can think of that was drafted quite high and succeeded. I think a lot of teams realize they can find impact keepers by other means that they don't have to spend money on to develop.

Tuffalo have you adopted a team yet?

I like TFC's future. You could always support them.

You don't? They've made some great moves this draft.

Picking up Agbossoumonde also seemed like a savvy move.

Long term, yes, I like Toronto's chances. Short term, they have a nightmare in front of them. Add to that, their coach isn't available until May! They hired a guy who won't show up until midseason.

But yeah, a Buffalo fan can't cheer for Toronto.

You don't? They've made some great moves this draft.

Picking up Agbossoumonde also seemed like a savvy move.

They're still Toronto FC. They don't even know if their coach will be on the same continent for the first part of the season!

And Agbossoumonde was having trouble seeing the field for a Carolina Railhawks team that bled goals most of the year. He's the defensive Freddy Adu until proven otherwise.

Case in point. Toronto knew Farrell and Alvarez were going 1/2, and they still are so confused they need a timeout.

Back