• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Gold Old Days- Pretty Sweet Basketball Video

Fuck me that entire Wake-Illinois game from 2004 is on youtube... I had repressed that one.

It was great to see that if only to remember for 4 minutes what Wake Forest basketball used to be before Ron Wellman took it from us. Great work. There were great plays in there I haven't seen in years like the Duncan behind the back fastbreak with the finger roll finish against State.

Watching that also makes me wonder how we don't have at least ONE banner in the rafters. So many great squads...

Makes me sad as well. First watching how great Rodney was and to know the shape he is in now:( and to know what was once Wake basketball and to see the steaming pile we are now is depressing.

Makes me sad as well. First watching how great Rodney was and to know the shape he is in now:( and to know what was once Wake basketball and to see the steaming pile we are now is depressing.
Thought this as well. Sad about Rodney most of all and I hope he is making as much progress as is possible.

As for the highlights, amazing how anyone could watch that video and think we are headed in the right direction. We are so far away. I like our players, they are easy to pull for as people and represent the university well. But we aren't winning in March with them.

My only complaint with that video is that it shows the ending of the State Nutpunch game in 2005- that was the beginning of the end of the 2005 season....

Back