• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

End of Va Tech Game, Handshake Line

slickdeac

Reaction score
I rarely start threads. I am BuzzOut but a moderate one. Because I'm not at all one of the ringleaders, it has compelled me to start this thread (although I'm sure someone has already pointed it out...apologies if it's Haas)..

It has always killed me to hear people bash the person of Buzz, and I am not going to do it here myself. But I must say that watching him sulk like a 6 year old in the handshake line, with his head lowered and not uttering a word to the VA Tech players was the most appalling, hypocritical, repulsive things I have EVER witnessed at our wonderful university.

Losing by 25+ points is atrocious, but it's not disgraceful (it is disgraceful on the basketball court, but it's not, in actuality, disgraceful). But preaching about culture change and then doing THAT at the end of the game is far more disgraceful in my mind than any loss or any act on the court. It's deeper than that. While I don't condone the personal hatred towards the man, I, for the first time, felt a deep burning when I witnessed him cowardly shake hands on my computer screen. I could not believe what I was seeing. It was pathetic.

Grow up, Bzz. Please. Be a role model.

Go Deacs.

Yep, that reflected very poorly on us and was pointed out to me by the non wake folks I was watching the game with.

That was actually how he shakes hand....I call it the dead fish grip. Wellman will spin it as being his competitive spirit.

Some decent discussion about this in the WFU-VT game thread starting with post #448 and continuing into today.

Sure he is awful in all interviews, cusses at opposing fans, etc. , but the casual Wake fan doesn't see/hear that. This exposed his douchery to a larger audience.

Was really hoping for a clip here.

Someone has to be able to youtube or gif this. I would if I knew how.

I hadn't posted about it, but I noticed it too and I was shocked they way he acted during the "handshakes." He didn't even look at the Tech coaches or players and it was very poor sportsmanship. It's pretty bad when Bill Belichick, a known bad sport, makes our coach look bad by really being classy to John Harbaugh after the AFC title game. Bzzz is PR nightmare, but Ron Wellman just looks on through rose-colored glasses I guess.

My nine year old daughter watched the end of the game with me. When she saw Buzz "shaking" hands with VT without any prompting she asked, "what is wrong with that man, why is he acting like that?" Good job, Buzz. Way to set an example - great culture change!

My nine year old daughter watched the end of the game with me. When she saw Buzz "shaking" hands with VT without any prompting she asked, "what is wrong with that man, why is he acting like that?" Good job, Buzz. Way to set an example - great culture change!

Thanks for the culture change Ron!!!!

Darn, didn't realize it was already posted

bz-handshake-l.gif

Wow, I hadn't really seen it. That's really pathetic.

Back