• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fuck you Gminski.

mg001-351x422.jpg

Will Ferrell should def play him in the movie.

"In a remarkable start to the 1990 season, Gminski and teammates made a pact that if the Sixers won 10 in a row, they would each get their ears pierced. When the team pulled off 12 in a row, he, Mahorn and the others were sporting diamond earrings to commemorate the feat."

I've been repeating the thread title since 1978.

Why hate him?

1) Duke
2) 50+ year old man trying to look "edgy" (earings) and official "suit" with a hint of whimsy (suspenders). This adds up to a high level of dookie dooshiness (or maybe dooshy dookiness).
3) Duke
4) Duke
∞) Duke

Are you familiar with sports rivalries? No, Gminski didn't hit and run my car without leaving a note, if that's the sort of thing you were looking for. Anyway, fake tan + earings + suspenders is reason enough without factoring in Duke. It all adds up to a very "legit" reason.

Anyone who was the inspiration for Billy Ray Cyrus' hair is pretty douchey. And just listen to him during games, it's enough to piss you off most of the time.

Didn't be show up to a Wake Midnight madness sporting sweatpants and a suit shirt? That's enlighten to hate him right there.

How about because he sucks. Is that legit?

Yeah, I guess that's kind of the question. Sucks why? Yeah, I get the Duke thing- fuck knows I've done that more than my fair share. But guys like Gminski and Bilas who are twice as old as the average board poster here and other than being goofy sometimes, the "hate" seems to be more pop-hyperbole than something like the "hate" for a Dukie like Dahntay Jones who busted Justin's face. Or Floor Slap Wojo. Or footstomp Laettner. I mean, you can point to things with those guys. Gminski? Shit, I barely remember him playing in the NBA. And more to the OP, I was curious if he said or did something during the State game that would give rise to a rather sudden and random "Fuck You" thread.

Last edited:
I saw the guy in Charlotte one night in the Epicentre sporting that stupid earring and pulling crazy tail. Dude had a couple of blonde bombshells on each arm. Take this information how you will.

Saw Gminski at Sixth & Vine in Winston several years back, and a few of us tried to talk hoops with him. He was a douche and just tried to hit on the girls with us (unsuccessfully).

Sat next to him on a flight a few years ago. He was the guy who put his magazine in front of his face when he realized you'd recognized him, yet when you left him alone and didn't chat with him during the flight went out of his way to talk shop with you.

Are you familiar with sports rivalries? No, Gminski didn't hit and run my car without leaving a note, if that's the sort of thing you were looking for. Anyway, fake tan + earings + suspenders is reason enough without factoring in Duke. It all adds up to a very "legit" reason.

So again, no reason. Just because he was a great player at Duke in the 70's and a very classy player back then, still no real reason.

Back