• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Charlotte Hornets are Coming Home.

I feel like this is one of those too good to be true scenarios.

Something will happen and the Charlotte will still be the bobcats

I think Jordan has already said that he would have no problem changing back.

I think Jordan has already said that he would have no problem changing back.

He's never said anything remotely like that. Legally, he's still unable to even say something like that. He has only said one thing nearing the subject which was they would be open to looking into it.

Charlotte Bobcats owner Michael Jordan was asked if he'd be interested in bringing the Hornets name back to Charlotte.

"It's definitely an interest down the road, but right now it's the New Orleans Hornets," Jordan told the Charlotte Observer. "We would definitely entertain the opportunity. That's as much as we can say right now. We've heard the community ask the question, and we would listen."

new-orleans-pelicans-1.jpg

Charlotte Bobcats owner Michael Jordan was asked if he'd be interested in bringing the Hornets name back to Charlotte.

"It's definitely an interest down the road, but right now it's the New Orleans Hornets," Jordan told the Charlotte Observer. "We would definitely entertain the opportunity. That's as much as we can say right now. We've heard the community ask the question, and we would listen."

and you get from that "I think Jordan has already said that he would have no problem changing back." ?

Back in December, the NBA’s attorney filed trademarks on five potential team names (Pelicans, Rougarou, Mosquitos, Swamp Dogs and Bullsharks), though Pelicans was rumored to be the preferred choice all along.

These would have both been awesome.

"It's definitely an interest down the road" vs "no problem changing back"

Seems like a pretty good interpretation. Obviously nothing is guaranteed but it looks like it is a good possibility.

and you get from that "I think Jordan has already said that he would have no problem changing back." ?

Well Jordan has sold a lot of shoes and he didn't make all of his money being stupid. People hate the "Bobcats". The Hornets will be back.

The Cats have sent out surveys to STH asking about would they support a name change (as in, would they buy more merch if they changed back to the hornets). The same survey will go out to the city shortly.

Well Jordan has sold a lot of shoes and he didn't make all of his money being stupid. People hate the "Bobcats". The Hornets will be back.

People Hate the Bobcats? I and several thousand others that are STH don't seem to Hate the Bobcats. And I am not alone in being against bringing back the Hornets "name." It's a Name, it's not the team history.

"It's definitely an interest down the road" vs "no problem changing back"

Seems like a pretty good interpretation. Obviously nothing is guaranteed but it looks like it is a good possibility.

I disagree with what you find near equivalents.

People Hate the Bobcats? I and several thousand others that are STH don't seem to Hate the Bobcats. And I am not alone in being against bringing back the Hornets "name." It's a Name, it's not the team history.

:squint:

Poll
Poll: What nickname do you favor for Charlotte's NBA team?
Bobcats
3%
3%
Cougars
5%
5%
Hornets
84%
84%
Other (post your suggestion in comments)
2%
2%
I don't care
5%
5%
Total Votes: 12401

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/04/16/3178967/poll-what-nickname-do-you-favor.html

yeah nobody likes the Bobcats. i never see anybody rocking the gear or repping.

I have a problem with any nickname that's not really tied to the area. Hornets means something historically to Charlotte... the Bobcats were named after a shitty owner.

Back