• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Just saw them talking to Chase on the News 14 channel

I promise if you watch Cav and pay attention to how he moves without the ball, rebounds, etc, it is trully pathetic. I watched him vs state have ZERO attempt to box out of the defensive glass (instead he just jumps up in the air trying to guess where the ball will bounce) and as a result state had a few easy offensive put-backs. On offense, he stood around looking terribly confused on almost every play and a few times ran into his teammates. When he does go up for a shot he brings the ball low and with an extremely weak grip trys to get it up to the rim, only for a guard to slap it out of his grip. I understand that hes going to have to play some this year, but when its late in a game and we have a lead, put Tree in there to play coordinated and athletic defense...

I promise if you watch Cav and pay attention to how he moves without the ball, rebounds, etc, it is trully pathetic. I watched him vs state have ZERO attempt to box out of the defensive glass (instead he just jumps up in the air trying to guess where the ball will bounce) and as a result state had a few easy offensive put-backs. On offense, he stood around looking terribly confused on almost every play and a few times ran into his teammates. When he does go up for a shot he brings the ball low and with an extremely weak grip trys to get it up to the rim, only for a guard to slap it out of his grip.

But Jeff [Redacted]'s a good practice coach, right?

But Jeff [Redacted]'s a good practice coach, right?

If you are referring to me, which I doubt, I have never said Bzz is a good practice coach. I sadly think if he had K as a personal coach 24/7, Cav would still be terrible.

Sounds like you are being too harsh. Terrible relative to what? A senior? NBA player? Don't say he's a terrible bball player - you and I and everyone who posts on this board must be truly terrible too.

Sounds like you are being too harsh. Terrible relative to what? A senior? NBA player? Don't say he's a terrible bball player - you and I and everyone who posts on this board must be truly terrible too.

I agree with this.

ETA: Well, insofar as he's not a terrible basketball player. He should be an All-Star compared to OGB posters.

Last edited:

Cav might be all pro compared to a YMCA league scrub but that isn't what we are trying to accomplish is it?

Back