• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

IF we make the NIT this year and NCAAs next year, should Bzz get an extension?

WFU1990

Reaction score
I'm assuming that Bz is here next year, so the real question is, does he get an extension if we make the tournament in 2014-15?

We aren't making the NIT this year. So the title and the implied question per your post aren't the same question at all. But if we did make both, then sure. Why not.

No way we make the NIT this year, so no.

And even if we did miraculously still slip in, then the answer is still no.

I'm assuming that Bz is here next year, so the real question is, does he get an extension if we make the tournament in 2014-15?

wfu1990: your question hides what you are asking and your own opinion/point. Allowing him the opportunity to have both chances means agreeing to keep him this year if he does not make the nit. The way you asked the question apparently means you favor keeping him this year regardless of the nit. So unless one takes that position, your question really is what to do if we dont make next year's ncaa, regardless of the nit this year.

There is a lot of disagreement on what to do if we make the nit this year. The admin will keep him if he makes the nit, giving him a chance for the ncaa next year. Certainly most would agree to keep him if both occurred. Trouble is the odds of making the nit are very low.

Unfortunately, I think he'll get an extension after this season, no matter what happens.

I think he gets an extension regardless of what happens. Yep.
That is what I'm expecting. He shouldn't get it.

My standard was NCAA tournament this year or get fired. That won't happen so my opinion is he should be fired.

I don't know but Buzz does look like the geeky guy in the Extenze male enhancement commercial

We would have to go 10-8 and win an ACC tourney game to get an NIT bid probably.

We definitely are not making the NIT this year, and we definitely are not making the NCAA tourney next year. I see us next year having some growing pains replacing CJ early in the season, and I think we'll have a similar record as this year (ranging from maybe a few games below .500 to .500).

No. If all [Redacted] can do with 4 years of a player who will most likely finish on Wake's top 10 points list is make the tournament then that's a pretty clear cut indication he should be fired, not extended. But, it's a matter of degrees. If it's a situation where we spend much of the season ranked without Travis playing 35+ mpg, and [Redacted] gets a well regarded big man to commit then an extension might make sense.

In the end, I can't really see using making the NCAAT next year. Probably the NIT though and that just shouldn't be good enough for anyone.

Back