• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Oh no! We suck again!

IrishSlim

The Sultan of Swashbuckle
Reaction score
Waterboy_2.jpg

Again? I don't think we ever left the land of suckitude.

Geez, assholes. Didn't you hear? Atlanta magic. A genetic combination of Coaches K, Wooden and [Redacted] couldn't have won against Atlanta magic.

That was 1 of the worst defensive performances I've ever seen. Lost in the comeback win against State was that State also shot close to 50%, but State also played an awful defensive game and got in foul trouble. Despite today, we really have improved a lot offensively and some on the glass. But we're still a terrible defensive team, and that has been the 1 true constant of the Buzzdick Era. We were the worst FG% D his 1st 2 years, and after today, we may have overtaken BC for that distinction again this year.

That was 1 of the worst defensive performances I've ever seen. Lost in the comeback win against State was that State also shot close to 50%, but State also played an awful defensive game and got in foul trouble. Despite today, we really have improved a lot offensively and some on the glass. But we're still a terrible defensive team, and that has been the 1 true constant of the Buzzdick Era. We were the worst FG% D his 1st 2 years, and after today, we may have overtaken BC for that distinction again this year.

Also, lost in the comeback win against State is that NCSU was going on less than 48 hours rest into our game.

So now we are making excuses for state? It is like some of you have never watched sports before. Young teams play well at home,they play bad on the road. They tend to be up and down,big home win,bad road loss.I have no clue if buzz is the right man for the job,but as a whole I like a lot of things about this team,and the direction it is going. Please take a little time and review wake basketball history,then find me a coach that did not have seasons like this. I exclude Dion because all he did was ride skips coat tails and then recruit us into this mess

Also, lost in the comeback win against State is that NCSU was going on less than 48 hours rest into our game.

DING!

Much like UVa a couple years ago. We had a full week and they were on a 2 day break.

How people still suck up the bullshit that Jeff [Redacted] and Ron Wellman (and cronies *fuck all y'all, by the way*) is beyond me.

So now we are making excuses for state? It is like some of you have never watched sports before. Young teams play well at home,they play bad on the road. They tend to be up and down,big home win,bad road loss.I have no clue if buzz is the right man for the job,but as a whole I like a lot of things about this team,and the direction it is going. Please take a little time and review wake basketball history,then find me a coach that did not have seasons like this. I exclude Dion because all he did was ride skips coat tails and then recruit us into this mess

It doesn't matter how experienced Jeff [Redacted]'s teams are. They SUCK BALLS on the road. Period. End of discussion.

Stop being a fucking moron and just look at the empirical data, you dumbass. Jesus Christ. Did you eat paint chips as a child or something?

And Dino stopped coaching us 3 seasons ago. Stop making him a scapegoat already. It's fucking pathetic, you simple minded baboon.

Nothing to see here. This was an anomaly. Young team on the road and all that. The history of blow out losses means nothing. The never winning road games means nothing. Bzz beat state at home for goodness sakes. That's his only significant win in his wake tenure but it's clearly proof that the corner has been turned and everything he is doing is on point. That one win isn't an the outlier. It's the 40 plus road losses...

I agree that astronomical blowouts on the road (or at home) are "anomalies" for Jeff [Redacted] teams. I can hardly think of one either!

And, yesterday's performance did not even sniff "bad." It was far worse.

Last edited:
The only thing the NC State win did was when it comes March and they do the comparisons of rpi, good wins, bad losses. NC state will have our name up there as a bad loss because we are now at that level, not in the tournament but bubble busters and pox marks on good tournament team's resumes.

It doesn't matter how experienced Jeff [Redacted]'s teams are. They SUCK BALLS on the road. Period. End of discussion.

Stop being a fucking moron and just look at the empirical data, you dumbass. Jesus Christ. Did you eat paint chips as a child or something?

And Dino stopped coaching us 3 seasons ago. Stop making him a scapegoat already. It's fucking pathetic, you simple minded baboon.

You read my replay ass clown, I said I was excluding Dino from having a down time at Wake, all coaches at Wake have had them Tacy, Staak, Odom and Prosser. I am not making excuses for Buzz, I personally think he is an upgrade on x's and o's to Dino and Skip, but I also think they were better recruiters. And Young teams do tend to struggle in the ACC ,that is a fact, hell most teams struggle on the road in the ACC,but grow the fuck dickhead, and respond to a post with out name calling buttlicker

You read my replay ass clown, I said I was excluding Dino from having a down time at Wake, all coaches at Wake have had them Tacy, Staak, Odom and Prosser. I am not making excuses for Buzz, I personally think he is an upgrade on x's and o's to Dino and Skip, but I also think they were better recruiters. And Young teams do tend to struggle in the ACC ,that is a fact, hell most teams struggle on the road in the ACC,but grow the fuck dickhead, and respond to a post with out name calling buttlicker

Facepalm

Back