• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Losers....Always have been.

childressfor3

Reaction score
Just ask the 25 plus year fans. It doesnt matter who the damn coach is or who the players are, they will always let you down. Trust me, just so sick of this shit.

No problem, just wanted to let the young ones know the damn truth. History doesnt lie my friend.

In a way I agree.

Today was awful obviously.

It is correct in the sense that no matter how high you get on a Wake Forest team they will inevitably let you down. We have just been so bad lately that the letdowns are road games instead of NCAA Tournament games.

Different year, same results.

I pine for the elite 8 days of Rod Griffin, Skip Brown, Jerry Schellenberg, my boy Leroy McD. Maybe Devon should sport some handlebar sideburns!

In a way I agree.

Today was awful obviously.

It is correct in the sense that no matter how high you get on a Wake Forest team they will inevitably let you down. We have just been so bad lately that the letdowns are road games instead of NCAA Tournament games.

Different year, same results.

Its the truth, and as i was watching the game today with my 62 year old pops today,he said we dont deservr this, and im just about dont care anymore.

I pine for the elite 8 days of Rod Griffin, Skip Brown, Jerry Schellenberg, my boy Leroy McD. Maybe Devon should sport some handlebar sideburns!

That team was lucky as hell. It has to be the only elite eight team in history to go 2-5 to close the season. We blew the regular season race in the last week and then got upset by the worst team in the ACC in the 1st round of the ACC tournament. We were lucky to get a bid.

The 83-84 team was a real overachieving year. 96-97 getting to the elite 8 with no PG might be my favorite postseason run ever. That year we lost to Oregon the team played great overcoming so many injuries just to lose a game at the buzzer.

Last edited:
Right now I'd take some luck. That team didn't give up tho. They took out #1 DePaul. That was cool.

Remember when we won the NIT? I would take forever being an NIT team over having Buzz another year

You have to be really commited to winning, and i dont think wake has ever really been all in. Wake has always done things the right way, as we all know you have to give a little if you want to really win in todays college basketball.
Football, hell were lucky to be in a BCS Conference, we have already done things i thought i would never see in my lifetime, but basketball is a different story. My passion for wake bball has been with me all my life, however the truth is the truth, heck im still not over 2005 yet, amd probably never will be.

Pretty sure 96 elite 8 loss was to Kentucky.

You have to be really commited to winning, and i dont think wake has ever really been all in. Wake has always done things the right way, as we all know you have to give a little if you want to really win in todays college basketball.
Football, hell were lucky to be in a BCS Conference, we have already done things i thought i would never see in my lifetime, but basketball is a different story. My passion for wake bball has been with me all my life, however the truth is the truth, heck im still not over 2005 yet, amd probably never will be.

Actually agree with this. We aren't that committed as an institution, and we have a pretty apathetic fanbase who doesn't demand any better. (I guess by fanbase I'm talking about big donors, here.)

I know why Dino was fired, and i agreed with it. However you have to have a winning coach and a few Mickey D's and not all rhodes scholars if you really want to win.
Just thoughts from a die hard townie and someone who loves wake forest. Did i mention i went to some Bob Staak camps as a kid, damn i really have been through hell.

Right now I'd take some luck. That team didn't give up tho. They took out #1 DePaul. That was cool.

That '83-84 squad was a great team, but it wasn't the SKip Brown team referenced earlier. That team lost to Marquette.

Believe the 1977 team had 3 wins over teams in the Final 4. We didn't make it, of course.

Back