• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Football Assistant Coach

Good WR for Purdue not too long ago. I think he was there when we played them.

Also noteworthy that this will be his sixth job in seven seasons. Definitely upwardly mobile.

I was told we were looking at a coach at a big school in Texas. I guess we struck out.

I think there is something to be said for bouncing around and bringing new ideas to Grobe's table. I'm okay with this.

not a terribly impressive resume...not sure how you can improve a team when you move each year. I had hoped that we would begin hiring coaches with Wake ties.

But, hope it works out. I suppose that is good that he is young.

In the same article, I saw where U of Delaware (FCS)kept their O-coordinator after firing their head coach. 11 years, one National championship, two losses in the Nat Championship game didn't make up for 12-10 the last two years. and not making the playoffs. "What have you done for me lately?"

Not at Wake. At Wake it's what did you do 4 years ago (Grobe). Or what did you do 7 years ago ([Redacted]).

Not at Wake. At Wake it's what did you do 4 years ago (Grobe). Or what did you do 7 years ago ([Redacted]).

It is actually now 6 years after the Orange Bowl.

In 2012, Stubblefield got his WRs to buy into UNM's heavy run philosophy, not only as blockers but also as ball-carriers. The Lobo wideouts combined for 565 rushing yards and three touchdowns. That, coupled with the unit's downfield blocking, helped the offense rank fifth in the nation in rushing with an average of 301.3 yards per game.

http://www.golobos.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/stubblefield_taylor00.html

IIRc he had some big games against Wake during his college career.

not a terribly impressive resume...not sure how you can improve a team when you move each year. I had hoped that we would begin hiring coaches with Wake ties.

But, hope it works out. I suppose that is good that he is young.

Given our program's resume I think hiring non-Wake coaches is probably best.

Given our program's resume I think hiring non-Wake coaches is probably best.

Given our program's resume and lack of accountability, I think it best we hire no extended family members to coach ever again.

His job duties couldn't be any simpler or more straightforward. Give us any other options next year besides our #1 superstar savior stud.

Welcome Coach.

Back