• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

You did it again, BUZZ. You. Did. It. Again.

marquee moon

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
"As a head coach I didn't do a good job of changing that mindset coming off the win the other evening," Bzedelik said, adding his players were "very lethargic" while Georgia Tech was "very desperate in its energy."

"Our hat is off to them," said Bzedelik of Georgia Tech. "They simply wanted this game much more than we did, which is a real sad testimony."

What an ass. Lifetime of failure that's somebody else's fault.

He came from the NBA, and at least five NBA coaches say this exact sort of quote every single night. This complaint is a bit of a reach, its just coachspeak.

From last nights NBA quotes

The Wizards outscored Chicago 23-11 in the third quarter to take a 73-55 lead. The 11 points were a season low for the Bulls. Chicago had twice as many turnovers (six) as field goals (three) in the period.

"I thought we played low energy tonight," Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau said.

"You gotta get ready for everybody. ... When you start taking shortcuts, the results aren't gonna be good."

Isn't it a coach's job to ensure his players want it?

Yeah. He admitted it was his fault: "As a head coach I didn't do a good job of changing that mindset coming off the win the other evening,"

This is definitely a reach.

The reason coaches say it was a lack of effort is because that's alot easier than saying "we gave our best effort and we still lost by 30, so obviously we are really bad."

Yeah. He admitted it was his fault: "As a head coach I didn't do a good job of changing that mindset coming off the win the other evening,"

This is definitely a reach.

Seriously. How does this quote say it's not [Redacted]'s fault?

Stupid thread. There's plenty of facepalm worthy quotes from Bzedelik - this isn't one of them.

I'm as BuzzOut as you can be, but this is an absolute reach. Nothing to see here.

I have no problems with anything he said in this presser. That's pretty much textbook coach-speak. He took responsibility and congratulated the other team, I'm not sure what else you want him to do.

We also got a quick glimpse of the post game handshakes. He did a much better job yesterday than last week - made eye contact and looked like he complimented Gregory.

Back