• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Being BuzzOUT, why it matters...

thedeacfan

Ricky Peral
Reaction score
Some Wake fans are taking the attitude that their only responsibility is to support the team and the coach. They don't feel that there is anything they can say or do to change things. So they accept the status quo and voice their displeasure at those who will not accept the unfortunate and unnecessary circumstances our AD has forced upon us.

Obviously there are some of us who will NOT "go gentle into that good night.." We will instead, "Rage, rage against the dying of the light." Yes, some will accept this Ron Wellman created disaster as their "fate". But that attitude is a perfect example of LOWF thinking in action or rather inaction. The sad thing is that these LOWF voices are giving Ron Wellman the support he needs to continue to ignore the needs of our program and our players.

I think that we should instead listen to Isaac Newton. An object in motion will stay in motion, traveling in a straight line, forever, until acted upon by an outside force. Some of us would rather try to be that outside force than watch Buzz continue to destroy our beloved basketball program. We are...

BuzzOUT! Till he's gone...

What can we do? Very few of the Deacon faithful are willing to rock the boat, I am ready to sink the boat. If changes aren't made I will not be buying season tickets or renewing my Deacon Club membership. I wrote a letter to the Deacon Club explaining my thoughts and they had a flunky call me. You could tell the poor guy was uncomfortable. Back to the main question, what can we do? There needs to be a large, public display of our discontent and media outlets need to be present. I do feel for the players but wish Bzz, Wellman and Hatch would go destroy another athletic program.

Some Wake fans are taking the attitude that their only responsibility is to support the team and the coach. They don't feel that there is anything they can say or do to change things. So they accept the status quo and voice their displeasure at those who will not accept the unfortunate and unnecessary circumstances our AD has forced upon us.

Obviously there are some of us who will NOT "go gentle into that good night.." We will instead, "Rage, rage against the dying of the light." Yes, some will accept this Ron Wellman created disaster as their "fate". But that attitude is a perfect example of LOWF thinking in action or rather inaction. The sad thing is that these LOWF voices are giving Ron Wellman the support he needs to continue to ignore the needs of our program and our players.

I think that we should instead listen to Isaac Newton. An object in motion will stay in motion, traveling in a straight line, forever, until acted upon by an outside force. Some of us would rather try to be that outside force than watch Buzz continue to destroy our beloved basketball program. We are...

BuzzOUT! Till he's gone...

+1

TILL HE'S GONE!!

#BuzzOut. Well said.

Where is landofabortion at? Want to hear his thoughts.....

Well said. Pos.

The Newton analogy is great, I might use that...

Indeed. Blind faith in Wellman does not serve MSD. We do not want our student athletes to fail. On the contrary. We want them to be supported by the best coaching millions of dollars can buy. But some of us know this is not the best coaching millions of dollars can buy. We trudge on...

We need change and we need it after this season. We have a great young nucleus and more talent on the way, the time is now to get an energetic and creative coach to start building and
creating the base that we need to compete well into the future. Wake has a great recruiting base served by CP3 and other ambassadors who help to attract top talent, just imagine the level of recruits we can pull if we hire a studly young coach who energizes BOTH the players and the fan base. Success breeds success.

I have been active in the DC for a number of years and would be willing to join a group if something made sense and was unified. Until this point I have not done anything because I do not want to punish all of our scholarship athletes for Buzz's obvious ineptitude.

Indeed. Blind faith in Wellman does not serve MSD. We do not want our student athletes to fail. On the contrary. We want them to be supported by the best coaching millions of dollars can buy. But some of us know this is not the best coaching millions of dollars can buy. We trudge on...

Agreed. And to clarify, Wellman is the "object" in that Newton analogy.

We need change and we need it after this season. We have a great young nucleus and more talent on the way, the time is now to get an energetic and creative coach to start building and
creating the base that we need to compete well into the future. Wake has a great recruiting base served by CP3 and other ambassadors who help to attract top talent, just imagine the level of recruits we can pull if we hire a studly young coach who energizes BOTH the players and the fan base. Success breeds success.

I have been active in the DC for a number of years and would be willing to join a group if something made sense and was unified. Until this point I have not done anything because I do not want to punish all of our scholarship athletes for Buzz's obvious ineptitude.

CJ and Travis have been punished by Bz' obvious ineptitude and inaction among those with the power to do something.

Back