• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Predictions: Duke @ Wake

RollWave35

#KeepPounding
Reaction score
How fugly will it get tomorrow night? Will we keep it close? Will they rest their starters by midway through the second half? Will K fall victim to the Jeff [Redacted] Pain Train? Will Duke fans take over the whole arena?

If we get out to a good start, I could see us keeping it respectable for a while. Duke pulls away at the beginning of the second half.

Duke 79
Wake 60

I predict if Wake wins the boards will crash.

There's no way Duke comes out unprepared one week after the Miami game. I predict at least a 25 point lead at some point in the 1st half, with a 15-20 point margin of victory...for Duke, obviously.

86-70

We keep it close/even for about 12 minutes, they close out the half strong up by 15, jump out to a 24 point lead then Wake gets it down to about 10 but Duke stops the comeback there.

Dook wins, but it'll be a decent game I believe. Should have a good crowd on hand and without Kelly playing we should be able to at least minimize Curry. I'll say..

Dook-75
Wake-68

Um, K was probably no fun to be around this week and will have his boys playing tight. Duke by 25.

Deacons win. Young team is up and down and this is an up. CMM coming out party.

Kelly is still out, right?

Yeah, I think we play well enough to hang around and lose by 15.

What will it take to get people to stop saying this shit, how many double digit losses. I was thinking about making a parody account and just posting everything pour from the other board says but Ill just leave this here-

Pourdeac on why we lost the GT game
"Ga Tech isn't horrible team they were top 80 Ken Pom and we're nearly double that. They're adjusted D in Ken Pom is 17. So lets start out by getting that myth out of the way.

Barely older than us? Here are the players getting more than 10 minutes a game for Ga Tech: 1 sr, 4 jrs, 1 so, 3 fr. That's 6 non-Fresh and 3 freshman. For Wake: 1 sr, 1 jr, 1 so, and 6 freshman. That's 3 non-freshman and 6 freshman. Essentially take 3 of our freshman and make them juniors with a bunch more experience and you get Ga Tech. I sure wish we had 3 of our freshmen as juniors right now.

We got "destroyed" by the 21st ranked recruit last year who almost went to Kentucky and is the type of player we are having problems defending due to size. Oh the horror. Ranked NCSU got destroyed by a nobody last week as did Duke.

Really....it's just amazing to me how people can't put this in perspective. I saw this coming a mile a way, especially once I looked at GaTech's "weak" schedule of vs Miami, at NCSU, at UNC, and at Duke...with a humiliating home loss to Va Tech in there somewhere. Dino, Skip, Odom...hell even Tacy...would have had the same outcome with the same very young team.

We have to let this play out. There was a thread on TOB complaining about Bz blaming the loss on the players citing the quote where HE takes all the blame! It's really getting ridiculous."

We trail by 15 or so for 30 minutes, get a few garbage buckets late, and end up losing by 9. Somewhere near Columbia, Schwabber creams his pants.

Duke is so overrated. They play no games on the road before January. Plumlee has gone from a Wooden award guy to a 2nd team all acc caliber guy when the real play begins. Curry has to be guarded. Quin Cook and Thornton are pedestrian at best. the freshmen are the ones I worry about. that is IF Devin stays out of foul trouble.

Ratface will be fired up but I think we have more talent than most on this board give us credit for..... We will win this game. Our guys will be ready to play. Duke cannot keep CMM and CJ out of the lane.

If Bzzz calls in sick and Battle and Chill coach.....we win!

When was the last time Duke lost to a team rated in the mid-100s? No chance.

Back