• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The newest big steroids story / Arod

It's so bizarre that most roids stories target baseball players, with a few fringe sports thrown in every once in awhile. How do NFL players avoid these outings? It's hilarious to see people talk about how such and such baseball player gained a bunch of muscle, but nobody bats an eye at 270 lb linebackers who run a 4.5 forty.

The newest one (and oldest at the same time) is Ray Lewis killing reindeer for his antler fix.

if i were ray lewis i'd be juiced up as much as possible for this super bowl. time to retire. GET BIG RAY RAY !

Frankly, I think pumping up on untested drugs is a good call when you have millions on the line.

It's so bizarre that most roids stories target baseball players, with a few fringe sports thrown in every once in awhile. How do NFL players avoid these outings? It's hilarious to see people talk about how such and such baseball player gained a bunch of muscle, but nobody bats an eye at 270 lb linebackers who run a 4.5 forty.

I interned for a few days with the team doctor for the Panthers a few years ago and sat in on several physicals for practice squad players that were on roids. He said they were just "practice squad fodder." They take roids just so they can put up with the pounding because essentially they're the tackling dummies, but since the NFL tests enough during the season, the teams don't want to take a risk on guys that do it and actually put them on the roster.

I read the whole thing and tried to get myself to care, but I just couldn't.

I interned for a few days with the team doctor for the Panthers a few years ago and sat in on several physicals for practice squad players that were on roids. He said they were just "practice squad fodder." They take roids just so they can put up with the pounding because essentially they're the tackling dummies, but since the NFL tests enough during the season, the teams don't want to take a risk on guys that do it and actually put them on the roster.

There is literally zero chance that NFL players are clean.....those dudes define roid abuse. People look at Pujols and think he's a monster of a man, but he would be tiny on an NFL team. It's not like football players just know how to work out better.

I really don't care who is juicing. I think most baseball players are, and all football players are. All it really affects is comparing stats to the past, and even that is overblown. The changes in rules to make QBs untouchable has had more of an impact than any possible roid usage could have. As for baseball, I think what roids do for an athlete benefit a pitcher more than a hitter, so STFU about Bonds and McGwire already...

Pro athletes take PEDs. We get it. Ratings and revenues show we don't care.

I saw the Vijay story...... WTF is deer antler spray. Is it code for some buck jism

There is literally zero chance that NFL players are clean.....those dudes define roid abuse. People look at Pujols and think he's a monster of a man, but he would be tiny on an NFL team. It's not like football players just know how to work out better.

I really don't care who is juicing. I think most baseball players are, and all football players are. All it really affects is comparing stats to the past, and even that is overblown. The changes in rules to make QBs untouchable has had more of an impact than any possible roid usage could have. As for baseball, I think what roids do for an athlete benefit a pitcher more than a hitter, so STFU about Bonds and McGwire already...

Pujols is within the average size of NFL Tight Ends.

Go figure. Saban would eat pig semen through a goats ass if it meant another W for rammer jammer alerbamer.

291.jpg

Pujols is within the average size of NFL Tight Ends.

1) you get my point, even if he is within the average size, which I'm skeptical about. He's generally considered huge for a baseball player, and definitely can't run like a NFL TE.

2)

Pujols - 6'3 230
Gronk - 6'6 265
Gates - 6'4 255
Hernandez - 6'1 245
Graham - 6'7 265
Finley - 6'5 247
V Davis - 6'3 250

Just went down the list of top TE....he's prob closer to most WR

Julio Jones - 6'3 220
A. Johnson - 6'3 230
Marshall - 6'3 230
Fitz - 6'3 220
Calvin - 6'5 236

Obviously there are some Welkers and smaller WR and probably even TE, but the point is, the most jacked up Baseball player is still smaller and can't move like his NFL counterparts.

I like that they broke this Ray Lewis story during SB week. He's a pompous fraud that needed to be taken down a few pegs. Hopefully more comes out about it before Sunday.

Back