• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

It's gonna be hung! CP3's jersey finally getting retired March 2

I'm guessing we'll have recruits in town that weekend.

Or at least we damn well should.

In a way I do, and in a way I feel like its a cop out. Yes he was an All American and has brought a great deal of good pub to WFU, but I feel like we're retiring it more for his accomplishments after WFU than what he accomplished here.

1st team All-American while here.

Hang it.

I like it. Obviously I wish he'd stayed longer, but he's an incredible player and great representative for Wake.

About damn time indeed

In a way I do, and in a way I feel like its a cop out. Yes he was an All American and has brought a great deal of good pub to WFU, but I feel like we're retiring it more for his accomplishments after WFU than what he accomplished here.

Add in a cynical dash of it appearing like a desperate ploy to bring our fans out for a home game so the Athletic Department can point to the great end of season atmosphere in defending keeping shithead around for another year.

We should cut the ceremony off halfway through.

It's about the right time. I find it a little creepy retiring a 21-25 year old's jersey no matter how good he was.

This is good timing.

He was ACC rookie of the year, a 1st team all-american and led a team to the Sweet 16.

The era of elite players like him staying 3-4 years to accumulate stats has ended. Unless the NBA changes its age rule, you won't ever see guys with the numbers of the old guard. Different eras.

Back