• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'Can't be with that sweet stuff'....yes folks, that just happened.

For those that can't click a link...this is interview gold.

San Fran cornerback Chris Culliver has reportedly made inflammatory comments regarding homosexuality in football just a few days before Super Bowl XLVII.

Shock jock Artie Lange revealed he had interviewed Culliver at media day Tuesday and aired a segment on his show that night, where the player insisted that any gay players would not be welcome on the team.

"I don't do the gay guys man," said Culliver, whose Niners play the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday. "I don't do that. No, we don't got no gay people on the team, they gotta get up out of here if they do.

"Can't be with that sweet stuff. Nah…can't be…in the locker room man. Nah."

When quizzed by Lange whether any homosexual athletes would need to keep their sexuality a secret in football, Culliver responded: "Yeah, come out 10 years later after that."

You can listen to the interview here:

In the NFL's long history, there has never been an openly gay active player. However, sexual orientation has increasingly come into the spotlight recently.

The Manti Te'o girlfriend hoax saga was believed by many to be a ruse designed to hide his homosexuality, a claim that was vehemently denied by the former Notre Dame defensive star.

Baltimore Ravens linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo has been an outspoken supporter of gay rights, using the profile of Super Bowl week to bring the issue further into the spotlight.

And Monday, a report surfaced that former NFL player Kwame Harris had been charged with assaulting a former boyfriend.

"You always think because of the odds and the numbers there are gay players in the NFL," former Pittsburgh Steelers running back Jerome Bettis told Huffington Post Live. "They haven't obviously come out and told anyone about it not even behind the scenes.

"Obviously there will be people who disagree and people who don't have a problem with it, but that will be in life as well. I don't think it is going to affect someone's play.

"Because it is so testosterone driven, it'd be really difficult for a gay player to stand up and say, 'Hey, I'm gay and I'm an NFL player.' "

Culliver, 24, did little to improve his own reputation on Wednesday, sending out a Tweet about a woman's monthly cycle.

Culliver, a reserve defensive back for San Francisco, appeared in all 16 games, recording 48 tackles and two interceptions.

I went to high school with this kid. He's the pride of Garner along with Scotty. Not surprised he's a complete moron.

And he represents the NFL franchise from the city of San Francisco. Awesome. But not really.

Edit to add that I had this post typed out and ready to go when my assistant came in with some actual work to do, so deacondamo beat me to the point. Dammit.

The CB he covers in the SB should step up to the line of scrimmage on the first down he checks into the game and tell him he's gay just before the snap, and then go long.

Chris culliver ‏@Cullyinthehouse

I pray to God I'm never dieing broke

Chris culliver ‏@Cullyinthehouse
Boy I wake up to a mean txt females in general just be -- well let me just say they be on there PERIOD!! #1 love is mom dudes!!! Period

Who fucking cares. I didn't get the impression that any of that interview was particularly serious anyway. It's Artie Lange for crying out loud.

""Can't be with that sweet stuff."

This seems to indicate that he would like being with that "sweet" stuff. I mean everybody loves sweets amirite?

Who fucking cares. I didn't get the impression that any of that interview was particularly serious anyway. It's Artie Lange for crying out loud.

You serious Clark? What do you mean who fucking cares? This guy's supposed to be a rolemodel and he's out there chastising gay people and telling them they're not welcome in the locker room. It's not something you would joke about anyway. Would you think it was funny if Joe Flacco gave an interview and was like "nuh uh, black people can't be up in my locker room."

I tend to agree. While the comments were off base, insensitive, and moronic, people are giving this guy, and Artie Lange for that matter, way too much respect.

Joe Flacco is the face of a franchise and much more of a role model/public figure. These are the ignorant comments of an idiotic reserve cornerback. That's all that needs to be said, IMHO.

I tend to agree. While the comments were off base, insensitive, and moronic, people are giving this guy, and Artie Lange for that matter, way too much respect.

Joe Flacco is the face of a franchise and much more of a role model/public figure. These are the ignorant comments of an idiotic reserve cornerback. That's all that needs to be said, IMHO.
The guy is a mean spirited idiot, and plays for the gay capitol of the world. Who cares who was interviewing him, and what the fuck does Joe Flacco have to do with anything?

Back