• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dan Collins Article About Coach K Post Game

"Since Christmas their team has improved so much,'' Krzyzewski said. "They’ve got great character and they look like they really like one another and believe in one another.

"Their game plan was outstanding,'' Krzyzewski said. "They were well-prepared, which doesn’t surprise me with Jeff’s teams. But they were very good.''

That rat bastard is trolling us. Gminski probably forwarded K the BS talking points that our AD has been giving to the announcers lately. The things he said sound like they are straight out of Wellman's mouth. Well played K, well played.

Last edited:
Not a big K fan but there are very few that know the game any better. Reality of it is buzz coached a good game. Your silly little club will never hold any merit. Go deacs.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, every time Bzzz takes a team on the road, he's the most popular coach in the building.

Not a big K fan but there are very few that know the game any better. Reality of it is buzz coached a good game. Your silly little club will never hold any merit. Go deacs.

If [Redacted] coached a good game and still lost, wouldn't that suggest that K does want [Redacted] to stay?

Favorite part of the article: So the question I had when Krzyzewski settled behind the podium was, did the strategy result simply from Plumlee's obvious abilities or had he seen something in preparing for the game to lead him to believe that Wake would be particularly susceptible to said abilities.
"I’ve coached for 38 years, but I think even in my first year I would say get Seth (Curry) and Mason the ball,'' Krzyzewski said. "I’ve always been pretty good about getting the ball to your best players.''
Sorry I asked. Seriously sorry I asked.
I wasn't the only one in the room to find myself fencing with the greatest coach in ACC history. From his answers, it was pretty obvious he didn't like anything anybody was asking, no matter how it was asked.

:bowrofl:

Predictable. K has been nicer to Buzz than anyone in the ACC, save Ron. It is also true what he said: the Wake strategy was good (the best approach when they don't have Kelly.). They were also prepared for it, and we just didn't have the fouls to give to slow Plumlee enough.

Buzz did coach a very good game. You sort of lose credibility if you don't admit that. Doesn't mean he is good coach, and he certainly has not figured out how to motivate and get his teams ready to olay on the road. That uis a MAJOR problem and totally unacceptable. But he had a very good game plan against Duke, and 7 frosh and 2 upperclassmen went toe-to-toe for 40 minutes, and almost beat a bunch of burger boys, a couple of which will be in the league. K was pissed because his team was exposed. Anyone who can contain Plumlee one on one, can take away the 3 point line, and then they become very average. It isn't anything new, and why they've struggled against weaker teams in the NCAAs. If their 3's aren't going down, they are very beatable. It raeally isn't anything new. They rely on it too much IMHO. I suspect Plumlee will average 20+ the rest of the way, and their shooters are going to get much fewer open looks. They really do miss Kelly. He is really tough to guard with that range and height, but they have enough talent that K ought to be able to come up with something not to almost lose to us, and to get pummeled at Miami. Plumlee better keep scoring 30+ if Kelly is out much longer. Looking forward to Dook-UVa. as Bennett may take them completely out of their game.

I give all the credit for last night's game plan to Battle, Rusty, and Chill. Bzz obviously can't coach.

Dan doesn't like Kry and doesn't respect [Redacted]. That's what I took away from that article.

The article has a few errors that are not just grammatical, but alter the meaning of his whole statement. Makes it hard to read at some point...

i.e. "He's good, the best the ACC has ever seen.
But I really believe anyone is that good."

I read the article three or four times and I'm not really sure what the point of it is.

The points are:

Wake played well
K thought we had a good game plan.
Plumlee thought we played well.
[Redacted] can't beat Duke even when he has a nearly perfect game plan that is executed well.

He left Thomas on the bench too long after his fourth foul. Thomas should have came back in when plumlee got his fourth foul.

Back