• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Waste Management Phoenix Open

WilmingtonDeac

Reaction score
Looks like Phil wants a little of that spotlight back after Tiger's win last week. Out in 29 today. Currently -10 thru 14. Has 50s well within reach.

If he birdies 1 of the last 2, he shoots a 59.

Middle of the fairway and 140 away on 8

About 15 feet for his birdie and he leaves it short. What a pussy

Lipped out the final hole. 60 with no eagles. Not a 59, but holy hell.

Turned on the TV just in time to see Phil 360 a 25' putt on 18 to miss out on shooting a 59.

How many have shot a 59? I can think of Geiberger, Duval and Beck. Did someone else do it at Greenbrier a few years ago?

How many have shot a 59? I can think of Geiberger, Duval and Beck. Did someone else do it at Greenbrier a few years ago?

Appleby at Greenbrier in 2010 an Goydos at the John Deere in either 2010 or 2011.

Bo Van Pelt shot 59 in the pro am yesterday. The course is playing really easy.

Then Ishikawa if you want to count his 58 on the Jap tour

That lip out was brutal. At 42 that may have been as close as Phil will come to breaking 60 on tour.

Appleby at Greenbrier in 2010 an Goydos at the John Deere in either 2010 or 2011.

Must have been the 1 day in his career that God allowed Appleby to putt well. I think he's higher than Adam Scott and Lee Westwood in the great ball striker/bad putter standings.

Forgot about Goydos. His post round presser must have been great - probably only deadpanned derogatory aspects of his round.

I also remember Annika carding a 59 once.

Back