• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Superman renouncing American citizenship

seems like a cool storyline. A little moral ambiguity and conflict makes comic characters more interesting.

I actually like this. It sort of mirrors some of the things Marvel did with Captain America and Iron Man during the Civil War storyline. I think it adds humanity to the characters and continues to further them away from the idealistic archetypes they began as. It'll be fun to see how this will impact the character going forward. DC has really been doing some great things lately (still wish that Grant Morrison would disappear from Batman, though).

worrying about an illegal alien's alleged nationality is taking things a bit too seriously.

I'm actually surpised that the AZ Legislature hasn't barred all Supreman comic books, movies and other products in that he illegally entered the US from Krypton.

Or is coming in fomr Mexico covered by their laws?

illegal_alien_flip_off_parody_et_movie_poster.jpg

Comic books.

Don't you stop giving a fuck about comic books around the time you get your pubes?

What if his spaceship had originally landed in the USSR? Oh wait, DC Comics already did that storyline.

Its a comic book for shit's sake man. Not to mention the fact that the story is written about how Superman can't stand up for what is right in many cases because people think he is an American pawn. Read the fucking plot first before just freaking out.

Here's a link to an ultra-conservative news source (so no SCARY left wing America haters) which actually shines more light on the subject and proves to all the people using their jump to conclusions mat that this isn't a big deal even if you think what happens in comics is important (so those of you under the age of 14):
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/superman-renounces-u-s-citizenship-in-latest-action-comic/

Last edited:
Notice who the president is when this calamity occurred.

I wonder if Superman supports NAFTA too?

Agree with HeavyPetter, FUCK YOU SUPERMAN!

For the record, I'm over the age of 14. I've also been naked with numerous women. TAKE THAT!

For the record, I'm over the age of 14. I've also been naked with numerous women. TAKE THAT!

Liking/reading comics is fine. Taking them seriously enough to freak out that Superman is renouncing his US citizenship is a bit sad.

Liking/reading comics is fine. Taking them seriously enough to freak out that Superman is renouncing his US citizenship is a bit sad.

Nobody who actually read comics freak out about much of anything. We know it'll get retconned in a few years anyway. It's like Jean Grey dying...she's always coming back.

TRUTH, JUSTICE AND THE AMERICAN WAY

Nobody who actually read comics freak out about much of anything. We know it'll get retconned in a few years anyway. It's like Jean Grey dying...she's always coming back.

I'm quite sure Marqueezzzz will back me on this one: if you've ever been unfortunate enough to be in a city hosting ComicCon or DragonCon, you'd know that there are quite a few peoples out there who take the comic book/sci-fi/fantasy/furry thing more seriously than life.

Of course, some people take those events as an opportunity to ride down from their 24th-floor offices and stare at the asses of chicks dressed up like Princess Leia. *Some people.*

See also: Triumph's dog-on-the-street interviews with the Star Wars nerds.

Back