• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dan Marino's Love Child

^ One of my favorite all time youtube clips. LOL he loses his shit. The best is the audible "Jesus..." someone says after he bangs the table.

I will summarize as best I can. I was living north of Miami for one summer about 15 years ago. My mom and stepfather came to visit me, and my step father is an avid golfer. On his last day he wanted to play golf and knew somebody who could get him into a country club somewhere near Miami. His plan was to play golf then be driven straight to the airport. About six hours later, I received a phone call from him. He had returned to Pennsylvania, and received a message from the clubhouse. He wasn't quite sure what the message was, however there was a mixup with his golf clubs. Dan Marino had been playing golf the same day. When my stepfather finished playing the clubhouse told him they would ship his golf clubs back to Pennsylvania for him. Unfortunately they mixed up the clubs and sent dans clubs to my step dad. My stepdad asked if I would go to the club house and sort this out. Of course I did. When I arrived I see Dan Marino screaming at every person that is in the clubhouse, Calling everybody every name under the sun. The clubhouse even offered to buy Dan any clubs that he wanted for free. When I arrive, I talked to the manager who asked if my stepdad would do whatever it took to ship the clubs back as quickly as possible, which we obviously agreed to do. Finally I approached Dan and told him that my stepdad was going to have the clubs overnighted back to Miami, at which point he started yelling at me like it was my fault. Then he told me that it was my stepdad's fault. The club manager quickly jumped in and said that my stepdad and I had nothing to do with it and it was their mistake, which it was.

I think you get the point. As it turns out , Dan and my step dad had virtually identical clubs, you can see how a mistake could be made. I have never, in my life, seen anybody blowup like that.

Last edited:
Should have decked him. The arrogance and entitlement feeling some athletes have due to playing a game is unbelievable.

I went to the Dapper Dan Dinner in Pittsburgh one year (1988?) & Dan Marino was being honored for something sports-related in Pittsburgh. So he's back there in his hometown & of course, many of the attendees want his autograph. He acts like a total douche any time someone asks for an autograph & barely acknowledges anyone else's existence in the room. He was there in body but his head was in Miami.

I didn't ever speak to the guy, but he was at the Pro-Am for the Wachovia Championship in Charlotte a few years ago. Somebody brought a football and he was willing to send them out for a few bombs while walking down the fairway. I thought that was pretty cool. Watching him throw a football was better than anything I saw from the pro golfers that day.

I think you get the point. As it turns out , Dan and my step dad had virtually identical clubs, you can see how a mistake could be made. I have never, in my life, seen anybody blowup like that.

That sucks. If only he would've hit you. You'd be getting PAID.

Many years ago I dated a girl that waitressed at the Angus Barn in Raleigh. A large group comes in from RDU and its Marino and some other NFL players and their wives/girlfriends. Marino pays the entire bill and leaves an enormous tip. He signs autographs and buys drinks for many there that night. I've never cared for the guy, but that's what happened. Different time.....

This vid is hilarious. Fast forward to about 3 minutes and listen to what Paul Zimmerman of Sports Illustrated has to say about the Dolphins picking Marino. Could he have been more wrong?

I will summarize as best I can. I was living north of Miami for one summer about 15 years ago. My mom and stepfather came to visit me, and my step father is an avid golfer. On his last day he wanted to play golf and knew somebody who could get him into a country club somewhere near Miami. His plan was to play golf then be driven straight to the airport. About six hours later, I received a phone call from him. He had returned to Pennsylvania, and received a message from the clubhouse. He wasn't quite sure what the message was, however there was a mixup with his golf clubs. Dan Marino had been playing golf the same day. When my stepfather finished playing the clubhouse told him they would ship his golf clubs back to Pennsylvania for him. Unfortunately they mixed up the clubs and sent dans clubs to my step dad. My stepdad asked if I would go to the club house and sort this out. Of course I did. When I arrived I see Dan Marino screaming at every person that is in the clubhouse, Calling everybody every name under the sun. The clubhouse even offered to buy Dan any clubs that he wanted for free. When I arrive, I talked to the manager who asked if my stepdad would do whatever it took to ship the clubs back as quickly as possible, which we obviously agreed to do. Finally I approached Dan and told him that my stepdad was going to have the clubs overnighted back to Miami, at which point he started yelling at me like it was my fault. Then he told me that it was my stepdad's fault. The club manager quickly jumped in and said that my stepdad and I had nothing to do with it and it was their mistake, which it was.

It wasn't the clubs Dan was pissed about. The bag clearly had Dan's "other" phone in there. The one his wife didn't know about and Tiger should have used to call all of his 'hos.

That reminds me of a golf tournament I played in last year - two of my playing partners were sharing a cart for our state amateur qualifier. It was cart path only, so on the 3rd hole one guy asks the other to bring his 5-8 irons since he'd have to park pretty far away and they were lying within 5 yards of each other. So he grabs the guys clubs and thinks, hmmm, sounds about right, and grabs his 5-8 as well.

He goes to hand the guy the irons, looks down and says "ahhhh fuck" - realizing they both play identical irons. Same shaft, same length, same grips, same year model, same amount of wear - even the labels are identical. Spent like 20 minutes trying to decide what to do, eventually both were DQ'd.

Both guys handled it well because they aren't total assholes like Dan Marino.

donna-savattere-and-dan-marino.jpg

Butterface with assets...

You consider that a butterface?

BTW, check out Marino's sweet bear-claw hemp necklace.

Last edited:
He goes to hand the guy the irons, looks down and says "ahhhh fuck" - realizing they both play identical irons. Same shaft, same length, same grips, same year model, same amount of wear - even the labels are identical. Spent like 20 minutes trying to decide what to do, eventually both were DQ'd.

Man, golf rules are stupid.

Back