• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fun Super Bowl Numbers

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
1.23 BILLION wing will be eaten during Super Bowl Sunday

$3.5M for a 30 second ad

12,200 tweets per second during the game

3% of employees will take Monday off for a "sick" day

These numbers come from many places including LA Times and CNN

I just memorized the first 2 factoids and will pull them out tomorrow during the Superbowl Party whenever theres a lull in the conversation. Thats fascinating stuff.

I assume the wing consumption prediction is based on previous years' statistics, but I wonder if they made adjustments for the fact that poultry prices are down, or that a number of restaurants have gone out of business in the past year.

I've always maintained Super Bowl Monday should be a holiday. Also I'm not impressed by the fact that 160 million people watch the Super Bowl I wanna know more about the 140 million people who don't watch it.

I've always maintained Super Bowl Monday should be a holiday. Also I'm not impressed by the fact that 160 million people watch the Super Bowl I wanna know more about the 140 million people who don't watch it.
They probably forgot about the game. I mean, with the complete lack of coverage or advertising for this game every year, your going to have a few million people miss out.

Many are watching European kickball.

Wing prices are up across the country due to less than ideal weather patterns in the Midwest leading to less chickens available for eating.

Outside of that though, 1.2 Billion seems like a huge number. That's 120 million eating an average of 10 wings apiece. Assuming almost all of the wing eating comes from the US, that means 70-75% of viewers are eating an average of 10 wings tomorrow.

Great stats on the commercial cost, tweets, and sick days. Do you have any others?

Back