• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

We didn't even try today

Bluegrass Deac

Reaction score
That game was two hours of going through the motions and nothing more, outside of Jennings.

Teams just routinely run us out of their gyms. No excuse for teams to shoot 60-70+% on us. No effort, no coaching, just everything about our basketball team SUCKS. I hate you, Ron an Jeff.....

How can you expect the kids to try when Bz takes out the only players who can score? It's impossible not to get demoralized when every offensive trip is empty. And I'm sorry, that lineup that he put on the floor at the 14 min mark in the first half was just inexcusable. Yes, Devin if foul prone, but that doesn't mean you take him out early in the first half with one foul so that we can get in an offensive rut and fall behind early. We are capable of playing good defense, but it's all effort based, and falling behind early on the road, with a coach who has so little faith in you that he puts in subs right away, will demoralize anyone, especially freshmen.

And people mock Skip's defensive strategy and then Dino's pack line. Good lord. Bzz knows as much about defense as fornicating.

Remember when we lead the NATION in scoring? Something like 90+ points/game. It takes us almost 2 games to get that avg. now. Ohhh me...

We were out rebounded by 20 today. 20. And let MD shoot almost 70%. Both stats show a desire problem.

Edit: actually it was 23 according to the boxscore on espn.

Last edited:
Let's not even talk about scoring. The team gave up 14 pts including 5 layups or dunks in first 4:20 of the game. It doesn't matter how well we're scoring, we wouldn't be able to keep up with that. Gotta play better D.
I didn't like the starting lineup today. We didn't much up at all against their size. A 3 guard offense really only works if their are at least 2 exceptional shooters from deep to take advantage of. It made sense against Duke for defensive reasons but without the shooting or the ability to defend a bigger team, put us in a big hole today.

I'd like to see Madison start with CJ and bring CMM off the bench to get his scorer's mentality going and prevent us from having a bench letdown offensively.

Back