• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Has the #ContractExtension movement been struck a final blow?

I read an article about research a sociologist did back in the sixties with a ufo cult that thought the world was going to end. When it didn't happen, instead of turning on the cult leader and leaving the cult, most of the members came up with reasons as to why it didn't happen and doubled down on their faith in the cult leader. Ron Wellman supporters remind me of those ufo cultists- reality cannot penetrate their minds. In Ron they trust. It's mind boggling that someone stood up and said something like "We're lucky to have you Bz" at the luncheon and got an ovation for saying something that. We gotta restore sanity and get this program back on solid ground. Because the bullshit has been allowed to run wild for far too long.

I read an article about research a sociologist did back in the sixties with a ufo cult that thought the world was going to end. When it didn't happen, instead of turning on the cult leader and leaving the cult, most of the members came up with reasons as to why it didn't happen and doubled down on their faith in the cult leader. Ron Wellman supporters remind me of those ufo cultists- reality cannot penetrate their minds. In Ron they trust. It's mind boggling that someone stood up and said something like "We're lucky to have you Bz" at the luncheon. We gotta restore sanity and get this program back on solid ground. Because the bullshit has been allowed to run wild for far too long.

Holy shit...that is the best assessment I have heard on this. This is sad but so true.

I read an article about research a sociologist did back in the sixties with a ufo cult that thought the world was going to end. When it didn't happen, instead of turning on the cult leader and leaving the cult, most of the members came up with reasons as to why it didn't happen and doubled down on their faith in the cult leader. Ron Wellman supporters remind me of those ufo cultists- reality cannot penetrate their minds. In Ron they trust. It's mind boggling that someone stood up and said something like "We're lucky to have you Bz" at the luncheon and got an ovation for saying something that. We gotta restore sanity and get this program back on solid ground. Because the bullshit has been allowed to run wild for far too long.

Groupthink run wild. I don't think that group is as large or unanimous as they were a year ago.

Last edited:

So true... PosRep

Back