• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FIRE THIS MAN!!

DirkTheDeac

Lord of the Board
Reaction score
Yeah, it's another BzzOut thread. I'm taking our god given board rights to say enough is enough. I've been BzzOut since the hire but I can't take this shit anymore. I watched the game and saw no progress, a retarded game plan (let's go small and run them out of the gym?), insane substitutions and a complete and utter lack of leadership from the bench. It's like the millionaire on the banch doesn't even give a shit. He's done all he can do. The players just don't get his genius.

I rubberneck every game, every minute, but I am so close to not watching anymore Wake basketball. And that makes me sad, very sad. I've watched Wake basketball in person in on television since 1975. This is killing me.

I'll still give to the Deacon Club because I love going to football games but how am I supposed to keep supporting a program that could give a damn about its fan base. I am open to suggestion.

I think I need a time out.

Yeah, it's another BzzOut thread. I'm taking our god given board rights to say enough is enough. I've been BzzOut since the hire but I can't take this shit anymore. I watched the game and saw no progress, a retarded game plan (let's go small and run them out of the gym?), insane substitutions and a complete and utter lack of leadership from the bench. It's like the millionaire on the banch doesn't even give a shit. He's done all he can do. The players just don't get his genius.

I rubberneck every game, every minute, but I am so close to not watching anymore Wake basketball. And that makes me sad, very sad. I've watched Wake basketball in person in on television since 1975. This is killing me.

I'll still give to the Deacon Club because I love going to football games but how am I supposed to keep supporting a program that could give a damn about its fan base. I am open to suggestion.

I think I need a time out.

Drink more.

Dirk, quite the catch-22 for sure. The last couple of years, and even at the end of the Dino era, I lost faith in the players and didn't care for either the player's attitude, skill-set or inability to take any coaching. This year I felt would be different and with the new class of wide-eyed frosh, I decided to give Wake b'ball and even Bzz another chance. Well, 20+ games in and I'm saddened by the team's uber erratic play. I know NCSU and DU took us lightly but that's not entirely fair. Even when those teams woke up, we still hung in there and the players seemed to play as a team. On the road, it's just a totally different can of worms, the VT near-win the rare exception. I want to enjoy watching Wake ball again too, but I may be done for the year unless they win the next game and show some of what I saw in January prior to the last two road collapses.

Even with Dino as he coach there was never a moment when I was tired of the team. I was sitting there in Miami watching us get steamrolled. And yet the next year I was still optimistic. Even after the Kentucky game I was still ok with where we were going. Not so any more. Yes we had problems under Dino but those were preferable to what we have now.

Fire this fucker

Last edited:
Well, it certainly helps to have a player like Ish to cover up for a lot of flaws and shortcomings. Since Ish graduated, Wake b'ball has been anything but fun to watch. Even with Dino. He was on the path to getting fired regardless. But as y'all have covered ad nauseam, the hiring of Bzzdick was wrong on so many levels. Not like he was the keeper of basketball culture and classiness.

I'm in the same boat, Dirk. And to your point, what troubles me the most is not that we have an obviously incompetent hire but that our athletic department has essentially told its loyal fanbase to
go fuck itself. The entire program needs to be rebooted. I'm growing more concerned that Hatch really doesn't give a damn whether we win or lose.

Standing in stark contrast is Miami who has a coach who has been there three years at a private school with no basketball history. The real fucker is Wellman. I don't blame buzz for being a loser as he always has been. The real thief is the dip shit who single handedly hires him without any help.

I honestly give to the Deacon Club because it helps all sports. I'm not going to screw over soccer, field hockey and baseball just because Bzz is a total failure. It really is a Catch-22. I just had to vent. I'm over it.

I would have left before halftime today if I hadn't given a ride to my UMd alum buddy. I swore I'd not go to another game until he's fired. We'll see if I keep it, but I don't want to feel so cheated again.

I've been BzzOut since the hire but I can't take this shit anymore.

For reference purposes, I'd be interested in having a roll-call of people who were BzzOut from Day One and never wavered on that stance. I know there are a fair number of us, but lots of people fell for the AD claptrap in the months following the hire but preceding Stetson.

For reference purposes, I'd be interested in having a roll-call of people who were BzzOut from Day One and never wavered on that stance. I know there are a fair number of us, but lots of people fell for the AD claptrap in the months following the hire but preceding Stetson.

I probably understated my contempt for this hire. Jesus, what does a stroke feel like?

BuzzOut since April 13, 2010. Of course I don't think Dino should've been fired at that time either.

I was. I was hanging out in Austin at the time with my best friend from Wake and we were both completely WTF! But even then I had no idea he was going to be this bad at just about every aspect of his job.

You didn't have to fall for the propaganda to want to give him a chance. That's where I fell.

Back