• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will this show that Pakistan isn't helping enough?

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
As the news trickles in, it's looking more and more like Pakistan had to know where OBL was and was protecting him.

The compound is less than two miles from their version of West Point making it illogical that some in the Pakistani government and intelligence ddin't know.

Also as NBC's Richard Engle is telling us, to even get a lease on a decent sized property anywhere in Pakistan you have to talk with the local and regional police. They had to know.

Further who has a monster compound with no TV, no phones, no sattelite dishes and no internet?

how many people have an inceration facility on their property and don't put out trash?

There is no way the Pakistanis didn't know OBL was there.

the question becomes do we go forward with them or in spite of them?

I say we outsource the problem to India.

I agree that the Pakistanis are going to have a lot to answer for. Of course, I never trusted them in the first place (and I doubt our government has either).

Who cares? My local 7-11 has been open 24 hours for years, which is a debt I can never repay to the Pakistanis.

We need a 4th middle east war!!!!! Invade Pakistan!!!!!!!

I have confidence that Hillary Clinton will hold their feet to the fire over this. Either they start to play ball our way, or we withdraw aid/support.

The Pakistani government apparatus has always been filled with those sympathetic to OBL. This is nothing new. I think we have been dealing with that reality for some time now and part of the reason relations are so strained between us is because of their inability to do anything about it. In the end, it looks like we gave them a middle finger on this particular operation and we're better off for it. I suspect that policy has been in place for a while now

Shocker that a nation which has carried out covert terrorist attacks against other nations would protect bin Laden. Pakistan is not a real ally of the United States and has not been one for quite some time.

Have to believe once Musharraf lost power our foreign policy was set on its current course. Although he wasn't exactly the ideal pro-US leader, but he sure liked our aid dollars.

Is it not equally illogical that the US didn't know where OBL was, if he was in a location that should have been so obvious to the Pakistanis?

Did the US not have people cross-checking what the ISI was doing/telling them? I can't imagine that wasn't the case.

And how did OBL really expect to get away with this? It sounds like the US knew almost from the start but it just took this long to get enough intel to be able to carry off the mission with success.

Lot of weird things about this whole story.

I keep in mind who made OBL and wonder what's being reported isn't the tip of the iceberg.

Is it not equally illogical that the US didn't know where OBL was, if he was in a location that should have been so obvious to the Pakistanis?

Did the US not have people cross-checking what the ISI was doing/telling them? I can't imagine that wasn't the case.

And how did OBL really expect to get away with this? It sounds like the US knew almost from the start but it just took this long to get enough intel to be able to carry off the mission with success.

Lot of weird things about this whole story.

I keep in mind who made OBL and wonder what's being reported isn't the tip of the iceberg.

If the Pakistanis were protecting Bin Laden it makes perfect sense why we would not have known except through our own independent investigation through captured fighters.

Um, no, we don't have the capacity to cross-check intel provided by ISI on the internal workings of Pakistan. We had to work our own angles, and one paid off.

You think we knew where OBL was, but dragged our feet? What possible basis do you have for such an assertion?

Pakistan knew where OBL was. And I think they know where Al-Z is too. Personally, I think delivering the Al Qaeda #2 should be the price of our overlooking that OBL was kicking back, in a mansion, directly beside their military college, in a military town, in a military canton, since 2005.

Um, no, we don't have the capacity to cross-check intel provided by ISI on the internal workings of Pakistan. We had to work our own angles, and one paid off.

You think we knew where OBL was, but dragged our feet? What possible basis do you have for such an assertion?

Pakistan knew where OBL was. And I think they know where Al-Z is too. Personally, I think delivering the Al Qaeda #2 should be the price of our overlooking that OBL was kicking back, in a mansion, directly beside their military college, in a military town, in a military canton, since 2005.

No kidding. Uneffingexcusable. Somebody needs to tell Pocky-stahn that they've seen their last dollar of U.S. Aid until actionable intelligence hits Langley's hands.

P.S. Michelle just ordered a crate of curry powder to garnish the White House garden, ya dig?

Somebody needs to tell Pocky-stahn that they've seen their last dollar of U.S. Aid until actionable intelligence hits Langley's hands.

Why completely undermine your point by going out of your way to look like a jackass?

Why completely undermine your point by going out of your way to look like a jackass?

Sorry, but that's always been a pet peeve of mine, no matter the speaker.

e.g. The earthquake hit "Sheeel-ay."

Sorry, but that's always been a pet peeve of mine, no matter the speaker.

e.g. The earthquake hit "Sheeel-ay."

I don't understand. You're digging yourself deeper into the jackass hole.

I don't understand. You're digging yourself deeper into the jackass hole.

The "look how smart I am over-pronounce" doesn't seem know-it-all-ish to you (again, regardless of the speaker)?

Back