• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Herman Cain

Go

Deacsbravesdawgsetc
Reaction score
Is the man.

that is all...

He may not beat Obama but KNOW he'd absolutely destroy the guy in the debates.

He's already beaten Bill Clinton head to head.

what's so great about him? just asking

He's a straight shooter.

Not a politician.

Self made millionaire.

Helluva background story. Conservative in all the right ways.

He has a tendency to shoot off a little too much but that's part of his attractiveness as a candidate, the unpolished yet smooth delivery is fantastic.

Pretty much any time I see a poster say candidate A would "absolutely destroy" candidate B in a debate I assume that the debate will be a stalemate and that both sides will proclaim absolute victory.

Love me some Herman Cain. At the very least, he will help shape the debate and force other candidates to be more specific about their positions and policies.

He may not beat Obama but KNOW he'd absolutely destroy the guy in the debates.

He's already beaten Bill Clinton head to head.

I wasn't aware of any debates between Cain and Clinton (there weren't any)

I heard him say once regarding his cancer treatment that he would have died with universal Health Care in place. Can't people in countries with Universal, provided they have the means, purchase private treatment at high-level facilities? he is a millionaire, he can go wherever he wants and receive treatment without waiting. Maybe I misunderstood, but it didn't sound like straight shooting to me

Universal Health Care will result in a "brain drain" meaning there will be fewer quality doctors entering the profession. Ask Canada about the number of doctors that leave for better paying jobs.

I heard him say once regarding his cancer treatment that he would have died with universal Health Care in place. Can't people in countries with Universal, provided they have the means, purchase private treatment at high-level facilities? he is a millionaire, he can go wherever he wants and receive treatment without waiting. Maybe I misunderstood, but it didn't sound like straight shooting to me

the 'brain drain' in Canada was happening as doctors went to the U.S. for higher pay. That trend has now stopped/reversed.

Universal Health Care will result in a "brain drain" meaning there will be fewer quality doctors entering the profession. Ask Canada about the number of doctors that leave for better paying jobs.

How so? Assuming you're right, the best Canadian doctors work in the US. If we go UHC, where will our doctors go? Tijuana? We're pretty much the only 1st world country without UHC.

P.S. Has anyone ever eaten at Godfather's? I haven't since the mid 80s.

He parrots right wing talking points and all of the Boortz heads love him.

They don't enter the profession or leave it if they're already in it. Would you want to work at the hands of the government after practicing freely for years?

I used to love Godfather's, are they still around?

How so? Assuming you're right, the best Canadian doctors work in the US. If we go UHC, where will our doctors go? Tijuana? We're pretty much the only 1st world country without UHC.

P.S. Has anyone ever eaten at Godfather's? I haven't since the mid 80s.

Didn't he say he would bar Muslims from his administration or something like that?

I really don't know much about the man. What little I know points to somebody who at least understands private sector job creation.

Back