• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Did OBL raid stop plan to attack our railroads?

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
It's being reported on CNN that in the data retrieved included plans for attacks at Amtrak stations in NYC, DC, Chicago and LA on 9/11/11, the ten year anniversary.

They have also recovered computers and thumb drives which should lead to other AQ leaders.

Killiing OBL may only the appetizer to the true value of this event.

We may have stopped 9/11 Part 2.

I suspect we (the public) may not learn more than a small % of the details until years down the road.

This is the intel coup of a lifetime. The fact that OBL was alleged to reside in this place for years might have lured him into a false sense of security such that he kept hordes of sensitive data there.

And our guys weer trained to look for it and bring it back in usable condition rather than a slash and burn.

it would be so easy to bomb a train station or a train. I use Union Station every day and marvel about the damage that could easily be done.

And our guys weer trained to look for it and bring it back in usable condition rather than a slash and burn.

Yep. I bet we hear something about running a couple of the scumbags to ground in the next few weeks.

I recall reading there were 16 thumb drives recovered?

There will be dead people over the next year that we never hear about. We may go Mossad on AQ.

This was much more successful than ever dreamed it could be.

Heard this on the news on the radio at lunchtime. Sounds like the plans weren't close to being operational, but good to cut it off early either way. I'm really hoping that recovering this intel will let the spooks work from the top down and start bagging some of these guys who would implement these kinds of plans.

I still don't understand why the "spectacular" terror attacks are planned when it'd be much easier to do smaller-scale stuff in the heartland and scare the shit out of everyone that way.

I still don't understand why the "spectacular" terror attacks are planned when it'd be much easier to do smaller-scale stuff in the heartland and scare the shit out of everyone that way.

you gotta play the big venues to get the good leg.

There was one of those Tom Clancy ghost written books where terrorists went into a mall in Charlottesville and just shot the place up. They coordinated a bunch of attacks in suburban America.

It really freaked me out reading about planning an attack on the mall, but when they actually pulled it off they mentioned an escalator and our mall is shitty and one story.

Yep. And that's why I'm not that worried about these terrorists. They're idiots. My only fear is that we destroy their organization enough that they're forced to do small scale stuff as individuals.

Pakistan better sincerely hope we don't find al Zawahiri hiding within their country.

The Mumbai style attack scares me. Not saying it's small scale. Just seems like it wouldn't be that hard to pull off.

There will be dead people over the next year that we never hear about. We may go Mossad on AQ.

This was much more successful than ever dreamed it could be.

Hard to reconcile how someone who whines about water boarding can post something like this. Perhaps it's more about Bush bashing than catching bad guys?? I'm sure you'll contort some sort of explanation.

Hard to reconcile how someone who whines about water boarding can post something like this. Perhaps it's more about Bush bashing than catching bad guys?? I'm sure you'll contort some sort of explanation.

It's partisan nonsense from RJ. While I agree killing UBL was huge, if it happened while Bush was in office, his tone (and the tone of others) would be completely different. Don't even try to look for consistency in the rhetoric. Things are never as bad as he says under Bush or as good as he says under Obama. This is a great thing for America but after 9/11 there wasn't a single attack on the US under Bush yet RJ never gave him an ounce of credit. Let's take this for what it's worth: bin laden=fish-snack, good intel but whether this prevents anything remains to be seen and is pure speculation.

Mossad exedcutes terroists who have harmed them. There's nothing wrong with that.

Committing torture is completely different.

the fact that you and others can't understand this is not suprirsing.

It's not jusr waterboarding. We systemically tortured people. Included in this use of torture were many INNOCENT people.

There is NEVER a justification for torturing innocent people. The fact you W apologists think there is speaks volumes about your morals.

It's aslo BLACK LETTER law that waterboarding people is torture is NEVER allowable according to international law.

Can't we just give Bush/Obama, the intelligence community, and the military an equal amount of credit?

How can you give Bush equal props? He CLOSED the OBL office in 2005. He GAVE UP.

W repeatedly spoke about how OBL wasn't that important.

He also also had the ability to kill OBL at Tora Bora and let him go.

If W gets over 2% of this, it's overdoing it. Hell 2% is overdoing it.

It's partisan nonsense from RJ. While I agree killing UBL was huge, if it happened while Bush was in office, his tone (and the tone of others) would be completely different. Don't even try to look for consistency in the rhetoric. Things are never as bad as he says under Bush or as good as he says under Obama. This is a great thing for America but after 9/11 there wasn't a single attack on the US under Bush yet RJ never gave him an ounce of credit. Let's take this for what it's worth: bin laden=fish-snack, good intel but whether this prevents anything remains to be seen and is pure speculation.

But 9//11 happened under Bush. Why don't you blame him for that?

Why does only AFTER 9/11 count for Republicans?

the worst foreign attack on US soil since the War of 1812 happened when Bush was in the WH. Yet Republicans try to absolve W of any responsibility for this event.

Back