• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ayman Al-Zawahiri...COME ON DOWN!

On the one hand, I can't believe that they leaked that information.

On the other hand I'm assuming the rest of the network is just assuming that the US got their hands on this info and are switching up.

I could see this being a scenario where these guys have to surface to move locations and that's how we find them.

And yes, color me disappointed and shocked at how much is being shared. I haven't been comfortable at all with the constant talking about all of the "data" we retrieved from the house.

I'd lol if they shot his right eye out. They coulda made a terrorist mask.

And yes, color me disappointed and shocked at how much is being shared. I haven't been comfortable at all with the constant talking about all of the "data" we retrieved from the house.

How much of that talk has revealed anything meaningful? All I've seen is one plan that was barely underway and that we're going after bin Laden's #2. No mysteries there.

No doubt any terrorists with links to bin Laden are scrambling to change their strategies so the old playbooks we have will be useless soon enough. It's possible we don't have that much new info we're just trying to make them sweat and slip up.

whatever info intelligence puts out on the materials they found at Osama's hideout is likely to be a little bit true, enough to sound plausible, and very misleading, disinformation is a very important part of the game

whatever info intelligence puts out on the materials they found at Osama's hideout is likely to be a little bit true, enough to sound plausible, and very misleading, disinformation is a very important part of the game

Sure. This could simply be misinformation put out to smoke em out of their holes and get them moving so we could find em. I'm not worried about it.

Meh, we live in America. This is how it works. It's MUCH better than the alternative.

They want people to rabbit.

I'd like to get the guy in Yemen. YOu notice they haven't said anything about him. Maybe they have something.

What was most remarkable about getting OBL is that since August not one shred of data leaked. That's impressive.

I was pretty sure that everybody knew that Al-Zawahiri was the right hand man. If we are releasing all of this information, think of how much we are not releasing. We are just spilling what we want them to know we know. Obama is handling this quite well (I understand that he is the overseer of the whole situation and the military is micromanaging).

I have it on good authority that this guy is next on the SEALS list...

http://www.haaretz.com/print-editio...red-bin-laden-for-a-fistful-of-votes-1.360116

U.S. President Barack Obama ignored all the ethical criteria, and murdered bin Laden in order to achieve success at any price in advance of the elections. Even someone who prefers Obama to his opponents has good reason to fear the cynicism that Obama demonstrated in the bin Laden affair.

The legal aspect is also clear. Murder in cold blood (especially in a foreign country ) contradicts the principles of international law, but thanks to military, economic and political power - and not for reasons of principle - there is no chance that Obama will have to pay for it. The murder of bin Laden now enables many governments the world over, including the Israeli government, to continue to slaughter civilians and to explain the act by referring to the Obama precedent.

Washington no longer has the moral authority to preach to other countries about arbitrary acts of murder for the sake of political or economic interests. Some 38 years after giving the fascists in Chile a green light to murder elected president Salvador Allende, Washington is now adopting the "direct operation," to use the old fascist expression.

http://www.haaretz.com/print-editio...red-bin-laden-for-a-fistful-of-votes-1.360116

U.S. President Barack Obama ignored all the ethical criteria, and murdered bin Laden in order to achieve success at any price in advance of the elections. Even someone who prefers Obama to his opponents has good reason to fear the cynicism that Obama demonstrated in the bin Laden affair.

The legal aspect is also clear. Murder in cold blood (especially in a foreign country ) contradicts the principles of international law, but thanks to military, economic and political power - and not for reasons of principle - there is no chance that Obama will have to pay for it. The murder of bin Laden now enables many governments the world over, including the Israeli government, to continue to slaughter civilians and to explain the act by referring to the Obama precedent.

Washington no longer has the moral authority to preach to other countries about arbitrary acts of murder for the sake of political or economic interests. Some 38 years after giving the fascists in Chile a green light to murder elected president Salvador Allende, Washington is now adopting the "direct operation," to use the old fascist expression.

I wonder how many times this line is going to be repeated.

How is it murder in cold blood if he was resisting capture and was possibly armed with a bomb vest?

I wonder how many times this line is going to be repeated.

About as often as the line that we don't have right to preach to other countries about owning nuclear weapons when we are the only one to ever use one in an act of aggression.

This guy loves inflamatory language and being full of shit.

How is it murder in cold blood if he was resisting capture and was possibly armed with a bomb vest?

Exactly. OBL was a federally indicted murder suspect who resisted detention. And yes, lurking on the third floor of a miltary-style compound while your lackeys spray automatic fire from the first two floors constitutes "resisting arrest."

As to AAZ, it might be best to leave him on the grid for the near term. Intelligence suggests that he has no hope of maintaining the network, as he's not well like in the AQ community. He can't fill OBL's shoes, but his attempts to might fracture the network irrevocably. If I had to pick a top target, it'd be the American operating in Yemen.

Last edited:
Back