• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wimbledon

Darcis knocked out then #7 Tomas Berdych in the first round of the Olympics last year at Wimbledon. Today was his 2nd ever win on grass. Played with nothing to lose.

Nadal was favoring his knee throughout the match; he deflected any questions about it in the post-match interview. Let the Nadal-retirement discussion begin again.

Have never been a fan of Nadal. Would absolutely love to see Roger win one more on the lawn.

Commentators said there was no sign of a knee problem until the third set.
The BBC commentators (on watchespn.com) were talking about the knee early in the second set. I'm not a fan of Nadal and if the score was reversed I doubt he would have been limping.

Really want one of those Nike t-shirts that says "Roger That" on the front. Sick.

Fed will stay have to go through Novak just to reach the finals right? He was supposed to be set up to meet Nadal in the quarters.

I didn't know what you were attributing the injuries to. PEDs, poor scheduling, etc. Darcis hurt his shoulder so I wasn't thinking the grass caused that. Is the grass different this year than in the past?

Darcis' injury was a result of diving on the grass for a shot. Isner's seemed like a freak injury while serving.

I don't know if the grass is different. It tends to be slippier the first few days until the baseline gets worn down. Since today's game is played primarily from the baseline, there are going to be more slips there until it wears down. During the second week, the baseline will basically be dirt and you won't see people slipping as much.

I know shit can tighten up a day or 2 later, but it seems weird that Darcis gets hurt in the 1st set, yet finds a way to play well enough to beat Nadal in straights. Surprised he didn't at least attempt to play against the 99th ranked player in the 2nd round.

I know shit can tighten up a day or 2 later, but it seems weird that Darcis gets hurt in the 1st set, yet finds a way to play well enough to beat Nadal in straights. Surprised he didn't at least attempt to play against the 99th ranked player in the 2nd round.
I was surprised too. But, you are right about things tightening up later. Purely anecdotal, but I injured my shoulder last night playing tennis reaching for a shot. When the ball hit my racquet, my shoulder popped. It felt fine enough to finish the match, but this morning it is tight and sore if I make any kind of tennis movement.

Sharapova not following the all white dress code...

Back