• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake program and CD, 1971

Skydog Deac

Reaction score
So I was cleaning up some today and found this old program from 1971. It was "Charlie Davis Night". My sister was friends with Ed Bradley, so she had arranged for me to go under the bleachers outside the locker room and get autographs. I idolized CD. I did get his autograph, but I'm embarrassed to say that it came at the expense of a Gil McGregor autograph. I gave Gil this program and asked him to sign it, he had pen in hand and was starting to sign it. Then my sister yelled out to me that CD had just walked in. I ripped the program from Gil's hands and took it to Charlie. Still feel horrible about that today, even though I was only 12 at the time and completely intimidated and in awe of everyone. Also, somehow got Larry Russell and Larry Hopkins, Ed must have arranged those, I don't remember. Thought I would share. Might have to frame this sucker!

Charlie%20Davis2.jpg

Is that Dan Ackley's autograph? If so, it might be the only program he ever signed. Also odd as he graduated the year before (although he was still in W-S).

Are there clips of CD and/or Skip Brown online? I would love to watch those guys play.

Hopefully, in the box I'm going through, I will also find my Wake Forest poem from the same time frame. Don't remember a lot of it, but I do remember this line:

"Charlie Davis is so great,
For him, you'd write a thousand odes
But don't forget his other mates,
Neil Pastushok and Posey Rhoads!"

Remember. I was 12.

Hopefully, in the box I'm going through, I will also find my Wake Forest poem from the same time frame. Don't remember a lot of it, but I do remember this line:

"Charlie Davis is so great,
For him, you'd write a thousand odes
But don't forget his other mates,
Neil Pastushok and Posey Rhoads!"

Remember. I was 12.

Awesome

I was there too. My favorite Deac also. During the pregame ceremony CD thanked all the fans and said, "I'd like to go and shake all of the guys hands and kiss all the girls." Good times.

Back