• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is being a fan worth the pain?

Cry me a river, dude. Lose one championship and get all emo. Try being a Wake fan.

Seriously. I was 3 years old the last time one of my teams won a championship.

I think you guys are missing the big picture.

The main thesis is the losses hurt worse than the wins feel good. That is the strange aspect of sports and life.

I think you guys are missing the big picture.

The main thesis is the losses hurt worse than the wins feel good. That is the strange aspect of sports and life.

I think that thesis depends on how spoiled you are by your team's success, which was our counterpoint.

Regardless, probably don't want to ask a Bruins fan this question at the moment.

But seriously. Why would a fan of a team that has won 4 titles say the loss to Miami hurt worse than the wins felt good?

I don't feel that way. If the Giants lost next years Super Bowl, I'd feel bad but I'd get over it.

This guy is talking not about the average or even die hard fan he is talking about numbers/doofus.

If enjoyment of sports were about the end result only, nobody would care.

Dude that picture is fuzzy. I got tatted by one of the best in ATL. Had to wait 4 mos for him to have an opening.

I would put up one with more clarity but the flabby arm tag prevents me from doing a thing.

I weighed 150 pounds when I took that pic.

I can't believe I took the bait!

http://www.memorialtattooatl.com/

Last edited:
Back