• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

USA Today 2013 football rankings: No 72 Wake Forest

Surprisingly comprehensive analysis--except for the obvious omission in the "Where Wake fans hang out" section.

It's nice to see a media person for once recognize that Wake is on par with a Stanford, Northwestern, and Vanderbilt. 99% of other sportswriters only attribute that quality to Duke in the ACC. Wake, UVa, Georgia Tech, BC, and yes, Notre Dame are all places where academics make it harder to have a consistent winner, but usually on Duke and Notre Dame are mentioned as being this way.

Wake should be decent this year. We should make a bowl. If we don't, there should be some serious rearranging with regards to the coaching staff. Nobody should be safe. This defense is going to be very good and we have a senior quarterback with a pretty experienced offense in general. Camp should have tons of yards

Why is the defense going to be very good? They were horrific last year. Same personnel. Almost same coaches.

The first half of numbers' post was correct at least. If we can't win with this many returning starters, we simply aren't gonna moving forward under this staff

Our defense (which gave up 425+ yards in 4 of the last 5 games) shut our offense down in the spring game. That means they've got to be good, doesn't it?

A combination of returning experience, strong leadership, a recommitment to the running game and the projected improvement in the secondary will help Wake Forest move back into the postseason

strong leadership? This team quit last year

Our defense (which gave up 425+ yards in 4 of the last 5 games) shut our offense down in the spring game. That means they've got to be good, doesn't it?

As long as every team we play only uses 4 offensive plays, we'll be undefeated.

Mark May picked us as his national surprise team yesterday. Thought he usually bagged on us

Was on College Football Live yesterday. He picked us as the team most likely to exceed the over/under set for us by RJ Bell (ours is 6)

Wow. I thought six would be the surprise. Over that would definitely be a shock.

Grobie's due for a big season. Senior QB. Lookin tough

Just turned 40 this month, and after all of these years, I am still optimistic. Live in Louisville now, but I still renewed my season tickets. I am definitely more optimistic going into this season than I was last year. Just gut feeling. Hope I am right.

Back